Help in new buy a thrower :)

It is the furthest throwing reflector flashlight in its size. Modded one throws 200 KCD.

It disappeared from aurabuy.com. To shame for that because they had best versions with 2,1A drivers.

Someone mentioned the 2x18650 Maxtoch SN6X-2X (known as 2X) above.

Had one recently to test and very impressive thrower. Stock the new upgraded 2X (BLF’s copper board, AR lens etc) recorded 112kcd at 6m, and the manufacturer claims 120kcd at 10m - serious throw.

After a 10 minute dedoming job mine recorded 237kcd at 6m = 970 meters ANSI. That’s some serious throw. Quality was 10/10 in 2 reviews on other sites.

The other candidate for a smaller thrower is their new Mission M12 - with highest in class (single cell) performance of 98kcd. This again is a BLF mods torch, and would give I’d guess 210-215kcd with just dedoming. Huge throw:

http://www.aliexpress.com/store/product/MAXTOCH-Mission-M12-Long-Shooting-1-Cell-Flashlight-AR-Lens-Copper-Circuit-Board-Long-Runtime-26700/314381_1836678467.html

Few bucks more than $50 but very powerful throwers. Quality excellent. From an earlier group buy guys had the previous model 2X running in the 300-400kcd range.

They still have it, bundled with Ultracrap cells and charger. :Sp

http://www.aurabuy.com/cree-xr-e-q5-310-lumen-3-mode-waterproof-white-led-flashlight-w-batteries-charger-black-1x18650.html

DX still has the Jacob A60:

http://www.dx.com/p/jacob-a60-cree-q5-3-mode-310lm-white-led-flashlight-w-strap-black-1-x-18650-114268#.U8S9_rGVquk

They also have the excellent little Small Sun ZY-C!0 S:

http://www.dx.com/p/smallsun-zy-c10-s-cree-q5-wc-230lm-3-mode-focus-adjustable-white-led-flashlight-1-x-18650-108290#.U8S-cLGVquk

Both are marvellous wee performers for the price and can be modded. My A60 (54kcd) has a little bit longer throw than the C10 but C10 of course has zoomhead - more versatile light output than the A60s pencil beam.

I think I will go for the prairie fire x6.
I need to learn how to mod flashlights (because I have a burnt one and no other options than repairing it myself) and the x6 will surely be a good host for future mods.
And I also like it’s apparel and lenght

Don’t do it, crap, have one, goes by 4 or 5 different names, can be picked up for $20 or $25. Get the HD2010.

hd2010 is not a 2x18650 batteries…

I am afraid that C10 is sold out at DX Item is temporarily sold out.

I am big fan of aspherical flashlights but in this case modded Jacob A60 takes win over modded Small Sun by over 50 KCD in my case. (200KCD Jacob A60, Small sun 140KCD)

As you said imho pure throw to flood is much better than "useful spill in reflector flashlight" which is mentioned over one milion times in flashlight discussions.

Beam coming from A60 is useful mostly for certain type of hunters(yes it has useful spill for spooking game:) ) but every flashaholic can find use for such beam in RL if he wants to. Light pocket thrower. I recommend.

Only budget aspheric that can beat A60 is Goread A2(terrible flashlight with good optics and now it lies in my third garbage flashlight closet, flashlight with very innovative focusing system but some schmuck managed to destroy all that with attack bezel, loud clicky focusing system and short main tube so only 3×aaa fits inside, and of course UF T20 with doubler(more like equals performance than beating Jacob)

[quote=Gj]

They still have it, bundled with Ultracrap cells and charger. :Sp

http://www.aurabuy.com/cree-xr-e-q5-310-lumen-3-mode-waterproof-white-led-flashlight-w-batteries-charger-black-1x18650.html

[/quote]

I fell sick when I see ultracrap pack

I would not be to concerned about runtime of single 18650 flashlights. You'll get over 1 hour with quality cells on Jacob, and you can swap easily if you need more.

I’m a fan of both reflectored and aspherical flashlight, but to me the downside of aspherical flashlight is the lens would generally shift the light into cooler even purplish tint, unless you are not too concern about the tint. That said I only own budget aspherical flashlights at this moment so you may not want to take my words for it, probably premium lights like Xsearcher may not have this problem at all.

All aspherical flashlighs have little color aberrations especially at the edges when fully focused but that disappears when you defocus them (glass towards emitter because if you do opposite blue color may appear which is characteristic of dereelight aspherics because sweet spot is somewhere at the half way )

You simply don't notice that in a field just at white wall.

Hate to admit but "Unique (my ass) fire T20" has the best focusing system(same but better than original Wolf Eyes Nighthunter because unique knockoff has better lenses ).

A60 is cheaper at GearBest.

http://www.gearbest.com/led-flashlights/pp_15296.html

We use mainly maxtochs for hunting but I also have a Jacob A60 on one rifle - daylight at 100m on the bunnies. One of the best value/performance lights I know of. As usual it can be a bit of a lottery getting a reasonable quality one at this level of the market.

Lumin…what did you do to mod the C10 to 140kcd? This is a very useful little hunter/outdoor light and the jump to 140 from about 40kcd? would make it super useful - esp because of flood to throw. did this mean even tighter hotspot - its already v small - or are you increasing lumens in a big way with new led/resistor mod/AR etc? Issues reseating/refocussing led? Be interested in the details. Is there a thread/pics on the C10 mod?

Is anyone offering C10s for sale at the moment? Okay here’s one seller still maybe offering them:

http://www.aliexpress.com/item/Small-Sun-ZY-C10-S-Cree-Q5-3-Modes-230-Lumens-zoomable-Practical-LED-Flashlight-Torch/1534790030.html

Very happy with my smallsun t13.

Nothing special friend,

Try following recipe: Nanjg 105 C with 8× 7138 AMC chips + XP G2 S2 1A Dedomed, artic silver or alumina underneath the star, put copper spring insead nanjg original one, bridge main switch with copper braid. 22AWG high strand silicone wire is highly recommended.

In fact almost all guys here do this way of modding.

I think I saw thread of someone modding C10 here but I can't find it on search.

interesting zoomable c10

Can anyone find lumapower turboforce head or solarforce masterpiece 1 head at acceptable price? They were very extreeme reflector flashlights at their time(2007 2008)

This mentioned and modded reflectors should kill Jacob for more than 30% of additional throw.

I had them and they were extreme even with 1A XRE (EZ1000). Can not find seller that has them at acceptable price any more.

I think modded Lumapower with turbo force head should take win as a furthest throwing commercial available single 18650 reflector light.

Not sure what a solarforce masterpiece 1 head is but I have access to 3 dead solarforce “M1 turbo head’s” form a US dealer, they will give me the price of $20/ea but I have to take all 3.

They’re all I’m great condition and all parts are there, just not working. Let me know if I can get you setup with them. I could also fix/build them for you while I was at it. Also I may be interested in one, if you wanted the other two but like I said I have to take ’em all if I want them.

I think I have that Masterpiece 1 somewhere

What’s an acceptable price for a Masterpiece I or maybe a Skyline I or Skyline II?

Guys I am not from USA. That means big shipping cost + additional costums tax.

Most preferable for me would be classic HK,CN,SG registered post. I don't have to pay tax up to 30$ value of merchandise or to 100EUR if goods from EU.

Lumapower turbo is greater beast than SMP1.

Acceptable price would be if I can buy for example head up to 30$ free shipping in one package and host up to 20$.

In this combination I would not have to pay additional tax. And I think this is the case with all Europe countries.