Help looking for a new compact XM-L

worlds smallest means worlds smallest. If its anything like the previous dqg's it will be the smallest

It looks nicer in person. I was like shocked when i saw it in flesh. The slight brownish tan is really nice. The UI is pretty confusing though, but once you learnt it it's good. When my flashaholic pal demonstrated to me, i was like "WTF".... There are like 10 different modes that you can do with the side clickly.

But then i like tactical lights better.... hehe....

Check out the Jetbeam 3M. Confusing huh.... The SC600 can do more than this.

Just thought I would throw this one into the mix:

http://www.dealextreme.com/p/ultrafire-c1-xm-lt6-5-mode-510-lumen-memory-white-led-flashlight-with-clip-strap-1-18650-55237

$20 shipped from US got in about a week, has a clip, smaller than a 2AA maglite. Long way from perfect but a pretty decent light for the $ and well within something that could be an EDC. Mine will likely reside in my jacket and coat pocket this winter. The R5-A3 fits inside my EDC holster along with a spare battery. However, I could widen the flashlight holder on it (designed for the AA mag lite) and comfortably carry this light on the holster as well.

Had to turn the plastic bezel ring around because I hate the jaggy beam;-). Like most P60s it needs tinfoil wrapping. However, with the tinfoil in place I just ran it for 10 min, in the house at about 72degF, on high and it was only mildly warm to the touch. Heat seems to transfer down the body well. Have a sheet of paper wrapped around the battery to keep it from rattling, and the battery was just a touch cooler than the body. Like the clip and the size is a little thicker and shorter than a 2 AA mag lite.

Modes are a PIA but useful. Don't like that the first 1/2 press usually stays in current mode. Also don't like having to go through 2 blinky modes to get back to low. OTOH, low will run for something like 24 hours and it is just a touch brighter than the 2AA mag lite with fresh nimh. Pretty useful for walking around. Mid is a decent bright light. In the ballpark with my trustfire XP-G R5 AA on high. High is amazingly bright to me. Guess it's not driven all that hard so it could be much brighter. However, given that I can actually use it on high as long as I want and it is the brightest thing I own I don't miss the more light it would be capable of. Still need to take apart the tail cap and fix it to tail stand.

Have to admit that the ST 50 looks tempting. Is it worth almost 2x as much? Probably but I am still having fun trying different things on a limited budget. Have another XM-L on the way that I hope will be a better thrower and both of them were only $5 more than the ST 50.

Wade

Wade

How about http://www.shiningbeam.com/servlet/the-97/**NEW**--P-dsh-Rocket-XM-dsh-L/Detail

or http://www.shiningbeam.com/servlet/the-126/**NEW**-P-dsh-Rocket-XM-dsh-L-Neutral/Detail

I am seriously considering one of these ...

Edit : possibly not budget .

I´m about getting my pants wet waiting the AA one from DQG and now you are already talking such things!!!

But what a flashlight would it be, oh my...

I think it would be: smallest or one of the smallest there is, clicky, simple modes 3 at most, driven properly like Tiny, more runtime, less heat yet tons of light... Probably SS, most likely genius small details like magnet etc.

:)