Help me find the Right Firmware for me

I need some help finding the right firmware for me.

I prefer:
4 modes - Turbo, Medium, Low and Moonlight
No Memory
Starts on Turbo then descends

On 105c’s with 8x 7135’s I’ve been using Nlite with stars 2, 3 and 4 soldered and it works fine.

I’m now using Mtn direct driver for some projects, and mtn direct driver+fet for others. I was using guppydrv on a lot of stuff from RMM, but I wanted to try and flash some stuff myself.

Whats a firmware I can use that i can find in hex already that will give me the modes I want?

It can be configured from the tail switch to those 4 modes or 7 modes and memory can be turned off or on also via the tail cap. TK created a think of beauty in that firmware. I could email you a hex file, if you are not able to compile yourself… but you should learn to do it. That part is very rewarding, you can customize your ML so that it barely turns on and you can tinker with any mode or the mode orders. Guppydrv is not open source, the only way I know to get it is to buy a MCU from Richard and solder it on your driver. I would almost kill for that source code, I have a few things I would like to try with it. You might also like Star firmware. It is an improved 105C firmware.

With BLF X6 it is good to run battcheck and offtime firmware first so that you can get it perfect for your driver.

Take a look at this tread, very good information.
BLF firmware repository

Matt

PM sent with my email.

You’re right, Guppydrv is awesome. I didn’t realize it wasn’t open source when I ordered the stuff to flash my own drivers.

I’ll check out that thread.

Thanks!

The MCU’s are locked and the hex file cannot be pulled off the chip. I would pay for the rights to use it personally, but I suspect I could not afford it for a hobby.

Matt

If you are setup to flash firmware then you are most of the way to customizing firmware. I start with JonnyC’s STAR code (many thanks to Jon!). Modifying the modes is simple. The code “#define MODE_MOON 3” sets the value for the moon mode. “#define MODE_LOW 14” sets the low mode, etc. You can alter the values and compile the code. Compilation is “cookbook” stuff. There are batch files that will do it for you.

http://bazaar.launchpad.net/~toykeeper/flashlight-firmware/trunk/files

Ok, I’ve tried modding STAR, and now I’m trying to compile it. I can’t quite figure that part out. How do I get a hex file out of atmel studio 7?

Thanks!

In the right pane double click the .hex file to open it and then file menu to save it….

Wow, I was making that much harder than it needed to be….

Thanks!

I was on a mobile, so did not get to wordy. Compile time errors will show up in the window at the bottom. I fight with getting *.h include files in the right location… This program is kinda a pain to set up and I know that I do not have all of the paths correct.