Help Me Pick Out My First Knife

The Enlan is EL01D (wooden handles) is available here, but the knife looks still very tacticool ;-) even with wooden handles and it is quiet large and beefy. I think with your taste you should start with 2 knives to play it safe: SRM 710 (16cm class) and the L03-2 (18cm class, FFG, wooden handles, very nice looking, no clip). That should cover some ground and you can get both for under $18 shipped. If you like them you can always go bigger or smaller based on experience you get with those 2 knives.

I like the last two choices. Those will be on my next order of many I'm sure. For now I couldn't wait and picked up the F723 from the ebay seller linked to in the OP. Thanks for all the suggestions! I can't wait to get it.

Please give us some first impressions when the knife arrives... you might be one of the first, because it's so "new". Especially the coating quality of the handles are of interest.... how scratch resistant is it...etc.

Now get the SRM710 so you can compare for us :wink:

That's Horst's job.

Cool, I’ve got a Leen and the other Enlan on order. Have you got yourself an Inron yet Vectrex?

Yep ordered the $9 orange Inron version... hopefully mine is better than the one of srjobben.

What? And still no review... what's your excuse... and don't even think about mentioning something unimportant like jobs, school, friends and family. ;-)

Good man, I look forward to your impressions :slight_smile:

Edit; I just checked out srjoben’s vid as you mentioned. The detent causing resistance on my MY801 is as described on the 803, but also identical to the Enlan. As for the lock itself, my 801 also seems to taper and offer contact at a smaller point, it seems pretty robust tho and I have tried some gentle spine whacks.

Will do. Delivery time is estimated anywhere from 9/8 to 9/16

Mine was shipped on 23 Aug 2012 but with China Post so you will receive it probably before me…I’m happy to not be the first to do the handle’s scratch test.