help me win the flashlight war at work!

Like others have said….ff4 or RMM M6. Single versus multi emitter.

Remember he’s trying to spend <$100 on this project, so the FF4 is pretty much out of the picture. I think Jerommel was making a little joke when he suggested the FF4 - it’s such a sleeper it would be perfect for this other than the $$$$ issue.

What about battery selection? I use nothing but Panasonic’s in my l2. These guys use the cheap crap that they get bundled with their lights they buy on eBay! Will going with some beasts like king Kong 26650’s in the proper light smoke those cheap light/battery combos?

SRK from RMM, some Efest purple 30amper’s and smoke some retinas :smiley:

If you go with the mod 2 Supfire M6 from RMM then grab the recommended batteries, but really even normal panasonics in the m6 would blow away the cheap Chinese crap batteries that get included with many lights.

OP…jump on this deal like a fat kid on a twinky!

http://www.dx.com/p/skyray-xy-600-6-x-cree-xm-l-t6-6000lm-5-mode-white-flashlight-deep-grey-4-x-18650-173160#.U41moiigbes

6 bucks more than the limit but it looks mighty impressive.

It's definitely a higher price, but the Niwalker MM15 has become my primary WoW light. No one expects that much light from such a small package. Makes the FF4 look big :p

You could get a SRK Kung M4, add the JB 3-mode Driver with copper-shunt mod, add 4 XM-L2’s on copper, with 4 Samsung 20R 18650s, and have a 4000+ Lumen bear-can sized monster hand-held Sun retina-burner for less than a hundred bucks.

Those 20r’s are flat top right, how do you make sure they make good contact, magnets?
Can you point me to the shunt mod, thanks…
Anton

The M6 is allready a very nice light stock, modded it will be able to fry bugs and small birds…

were you able to choose the colors? what emitter did he use? is it bright? sounds interesting…can you give a bit more details?

What about a roche m170? I like the idea of the old school 6v battery lantern look.

It was a Multi-Colored XM-L on 16mm MCPCB link
Used a 17mm Color and Dynamic White XM-L Driver - link

The sequence is white, Red, Green, Blue, white-Red-Green-Blue Strobe 8Hz, Red-Blue Police Strobe, Red Blink 1Hz
Each color is running at 700ma, I particularly liked the Red-Blue strobe.

700ma might not sound like much but its pretty bright specially in red, green and blue. Plenty useful in white as well.

Its like carrying 4 flashlight or one flashlight and 3 filters. Strobes were great at getting attention.

sounds like a fun light to have. i think ill pm him for one.
can i ask you how much you paid

It is great fun. Almost no one has one.
Richard put it together for me as a P60 drop-in. So I think it was a little bellow $30 including labor, parts and shipping.

not bad at all. thanks for letting me know about this

So I am curious as to what you end up doing to impress your friends? What light are you using?

Well I know that people don’t care for throw if it’s inside a building. They care about room illuminating lumens.
My 370kcd TN31 was just ‘meh’ compared to my stock Skyray King to my friend inside the house. He has yet to see it outdoors and at night.

To impress people in the office, I agree with IE - go for the Niwalker MM15.

It isn’t what anyone recommended but I bought a warrior. At 30 bucks, I just couldn’t pass it up. It might not be up to the task at hand but if not, I just might have to buy another light.