Help replacing this C8 with something better...

Looking to replace a Trustfire C8 that’s five years old XML-T6 single 18650 (hi/low/sos/disco).

Here’s the thing, the case is done and foam is cut. Would really like to find a new light that’s close to the same dimensions. One that will drop into the area the old C8 fits.

Something with better modes (hi/med/low - ramping even better), more light, and maybe a side switch instead of tail. This current C8 is 146mm long with a head diameter of 44.5mm.

Looking to spend around $40. Thanks for any suggestions or recommendations. Photo of case for your viewing pleasure.

how about a customized XinTD C8 from RMM? Put a xml-2, fet driver, and a few good cells, and you are golden.

The xintd c8 is 156mm long. The convoy c8 fits however. Also from mtnelectronics.com

He can make the cutout longer for the XinTD. No problem, he just doesn’t want something smaller.

Convoy L4 + BLF FET driver.

+1 on the Convoy L4, has a side switch and great reviews (I do not have one though)

The Convoy L4 is the best alternative to the C8 IMO. No pill so heat transfer is alot better, good quality body with a comfortable side witch.

There is also the BLF Edition Eagle Eye X6 to consider.

Convoy L4 is 151.5mm long with a 45.7mm head. It has both a tail switch for on/off and a side switch for modes (hi-Med-low, double-click for strobe, no ramping). It puts out around 950-1000 lumens on high. It meets most of your requirements, is well reviewed here and is a favorite in my rotation.

Available at Convoy Flashlights

After I found this UniqueFire D3 I gave away all my C8’s. It’s pretty.

And it’s about the same size, so it should fit. You’ll want to upgrade the guts, but it’s got such a nice body, it’s worth the trouble.

The friends who got my C8’s love them, so if yours needs a Good Home, I can make that happen.

Dim

Thanks guys, just getting home and reading these posts. Looks like I’ve got some good leads to follow.

That Kung in the photo is currently at RMM getting the works. Will look into adding to the return order as an option for this C8 light. Will also look hard at the Convoy L4 and UniqueFire D3.

Anything else worth considering even at a higher price point?

What about changing out the led for something else?? For $40 you could get quite a few to play with? That is what I did with mine. I have a few that I can change out depending on my mood.

either new driver for new/more mode options and an xp-g and reflector. or an xintd c8 and a razor blade for the foam cutout

A 5 years old Trustfire C8 wow. I will keep that as a memento.

It’s a relic, from another age. The markings on each side read like hieroglyphs to most. :slight_smile:

Budget or not, it still works like new.

Sure it should works like charm. It is an example of budget light that can last for many years. :slight_smile:

Many of my lights broke in a year or so, because I tear them down and mod them. :stuck_out_tongue:

Back then flashlights were pretty expensive. I guess you’ve paid more than $30 to buy that Trustfire C8 right?

Somewhere close to mid $20USD if memory serves. Was one of the “must have” lights when I bought it and my first XML Cree light.

Pulled the trigger on the Convoy L4 (4C) with RMM. Appreciate the input here guys. Will be a great addition to the case. :slight_smile:

You will not be disappointed in that light, great choice.
Later,
Keith