Henry Cavill is leaving The Witcher

Who the hell is he?! Lol!

I guess you could tell I don’t follow the movies or watch television! Oh some British actor ,I just Googled it.

So you only watched one episode?

Why did you feel the need to mention you have a 32” computer screen is that supposed to be impressive ? For the sheer fact many of these that you call “TV series” is just a series produced and released ONLY on a streaming platform which is ONLY available via a streaming platform and not any form of TV service. Secondly why did you feel like you need to interject your opinion on another entirely unrelated series with nothing to do with the post itself….

Why do you care? 32” is better than a phone or tablet… For me anyway. Not as good as my 72” LG OLED with Atmos 7.2.4 system. Which may not be as good as some nice 130” systems…
But still, why get upset about it? Truly curious…

Back to the topic, I will miss Henry Cavill in the lead role. I really believe he has made the series for me to date.

Exactly the reason, I don’t care so I don’t understand why it needed to be mentioned and past that everything else they wrote had nothing to do with the topic of the actor nor the series nor the reason why they choose to depart the franchise…

Agreed, I remember how Henry before even auditioning was campaigning for the role as he was already an avid fan of the series as a whole from the books to the games and it shows how much more an actor can bring a character to “life” if they themselves are or do become a fan of the material.

Hit RK Outpost / Ryan Kinel on the yoo tube. Been covered to death.

Cavill is a huge fan of “The Witcher” and made it clear that he’d only live up to his contract for the duration as long as TW stayed true to the source material. Even Andrzej Sapkowski was horrified at how far the writers “strayed” from the source.

So Cavill finally said “screw this” and left.

There’s also a petition to get rid of the writers instead of letting Cavill leave. :laughing:

A short while ago Henry Cavill wrote on IG:

“It’s sad news, everyone. I will, after all, not be returning as Superman. After being told by the studio to announce my return back in October, prior to their hire, this news isn’t the easiest, but that’s life,” Cavill wrote. “I respect that James and Peter have a universe to build. I wish them and all involved with the new universe the best of luck, and the happiest of fortunes.”

Looks like someone lured Cavill out of The Witcher and now leaves him dangling.

They are fools for dumping Cavill. There was NOTHING wrong with that casting. I think he was going to leave The Witcher anyway though.

Henry was disgusted with the writers of TW not just ignoring the source material (Andrzej Sapkowski’s books), but openly mocking the material (books and games).

His deal with The Showrunners™ was that he’d continue on even in perpetuity as long as the writing was good. But after it went off the rails and the writing just sucked afterwards, he bailed just as he said he would.

As for SM, James Gunn (aka Colonel Sanders) decided to wipe DC’s slate clean and oust Henry Cavill (SM), Gal Godot (WW), and Jason Momoa (AM), and have his “reboot”.

Henry’s a class act all the way, and I think Gunn’s an idiot for not availing himself of an actor who’s like Keanu Reeves and universally liked by everyone.

I don’t know where Gunn’s reboot is going but I doubt I’m going to enjoy the result. I thought that The Suicide Squad (2021) was a polished turd. The formula of everything being a joke will undermine any story Gunn’s movies try to tell.

I firmly believe they should have finished out their current run of movies before wiping the slate clean. People still love Momoa’s Aquaman, and were excited for Cavill’s new Superman movie. Ending their story-lines without resolving them is like a slap in the face to all the fans who went to see their movies up until this point.

It’s true that Snyder’s vision was overly dark, but his visual style was cohesive and had a certain cool factor. What the %#$! was the visual style of The Suicide Squad? It just looked like a unicorn came in and puked all over a Snyder project. Seems designed for people to watch as they use recreational drugs…

Everything with new Suicide Squad and anything to do with Quinn has been nothing more than a crappy Deadpool knockoff they pretty much made a bootleg copy. Another reason why they might want to end the current DC universe is due to the STAIN that came from the Aquaman franchise known as “Amber Turd” who single handedly stained the entirety of the DC universe with the shit she pulled with JD… And the studio rather than want to issue an apology for axing JD from roles they would rather wipe the slate and sweep it under the rug but thats just my theory.

HOPEFULLY Netflix will get their heads on straight and fire the current witcher writing team and director and hire a group who clearly enjoy the material rather than bash it “thinking” they could do better but still ride the coattails of the franchise to make spinoffs after spewing they “could” write better stories.

Sir Henry might not be doing SM or TW anymore, but it looks pretty good that he’ll be doing “Warhammer 40k” on Amazon!

Definitely interested, and I know nothing about WH40k!

Agreed! he puts in his all for every role he takes I can’t wait to see how he does in that.