Here's A Great Deal On Trustfire TR-1200 With Extension Tube

I bought the Keygos off of ebay.

http://www.ebay.com/itm/6p-CREE-XR-E-Q5-LED-1600-Lumens-Flashlight-Torch-KE7-/160658218224?pt=US_Flashlights&hash=item2567f9dcf0

I'll add that Marshall at goinggear.com tells it like it is in his videos. I would rather watch and listen to what he states in his videos than most any others on youtube. And if you notice on the BC40 video it lights the bear up at 300yds and still hits the treeline in the background at about 350yds or so. Now for the TR-1200 to hang with that in my opinion it will surpass that yardage is saying something right there. That picture I posted above with the barn don't lie. You can't even see the barn with the human eye at that distance I took the photo from last nite when I took it. And you can clearly see that the barn is well lit up even though the picture is a little blurry. I may try to take some better pictures to nite. I just hope my TR-1200 is up to the 400yds of throw. I honestly think this light will throw out even farther. And that's no bull.

Ok I wanted to better do these lights justice on the blurry shots. So here is the Keygos KE-7 6X Q5 light at 110yds. This is a pretty good shot that is better focused. This was with 3 fully charged Xtar 18700 2600MAH batteries.

I'll take another with the Trustfire TR-1200 afterwhile. Now this shot above was with a half moon.

Ok here's a better shot with the Trustfire TR-1200 5X Q5 light at 110yds. Now it was definately darker when I took this photo than what it was with the picture directly above with the Keygos. This was with 3 fully charged Xtar 18700 2600MAH batteries. And I'm more on the pool directly with the beam too. But this will give you better focus pictures to judge the two by. I like both for sure. It also appears that I am a little more zoomed in on this photo so keep that in mind when deciding on which one is brighter.

i have measured the len's from my TR-1200 and TR-3T6 they both are 51.82 by 1.43mm aprox im looking at using this lens as a replacment

http://www.flashlightlens.com/str/index.php?app=ccp0&ns=prodshow&ref=mag_521_UCL

there is also a Light Diffusion Film you can have added if you like

http://www.flashlightlens.com/str/index.php?app=ccp0&ns=prodshow&ref=ucl_lens

i belive the 52.1 mm will not be a problem as there is a little side to side movement in lens with the trustfire host,s and i belive the 1.9mm will not be a problem in the TR-1200 at all but in the TR-3T6 you might have to screw down the alloy bezel spacer down a bit tighter.

i will buy one and try it in both lights and report my finds on fit, i dont have a light meter (will get one) so i go only go one how i feel for out put, but i feel it should be an improvement over the stock glass len's, i will give them a long run time test to see how they hold up.

i got the UCL lens today and to fits no problem and to my eye,s it looks much better to look throught then the stock glass, ill test it with a flux meter over the next month or so as i should be placing the order soon.

It gets like that

i would like to add mine is regulated with constant current and with 3 x 18650,s ive taken it one many bush walks around 60 mins while on high the whole time and a few 85 min runs on cold nights, once the cells voltage is to low it jumps out of regulation and dim's depending on what battery i use i get the current draw of 1.69 to 2 amps on 2 x 18650,s and it will throw well. i can test my tail cap readings run it on high for 30 to 40 mins re-test it and it will read very close to the starting current so i say its constant current driver thats regulated like the geniune TR-3T6 the TR-1200 is a good torch that gets over looked.

yes 2 batteries is the brightness as 3 batteries

the geniune TR-1200 when the battery voltage under load drops to low the light goes into low mode only letting you know its time for a battery recharge i consider this as a low voltage protection, the geniune TR-3T6 does the same thing.

As it seems so close between the 1200 and the Keygos are there any diferences in build quality that would help with deciding which one?

If I had to choose between the 2, I would opt for the Trustfire 1200. Both are so close to the same that you really only need one. I would guess that the Keygos is brighter at closer distances with the extra led. But I think the beam is a little tighter on the TR-1200 and I think it throws a tad better at farther distances. But it is very close really. Both are great lights.

Thanks that's very helpful.

TR-1200 all the way

another current draw test, tested with 2 x 18650,s

solarforce 2400 mAh 1.66 amps

Trustfire Flames 2400 mAh 1.72 amps

Redilast 2600 mAh 1.74 amps

Hi-max 2600 mAh 1.81 amps

I have the KE-7 and I have a Palight WF-1200L and the Palight throws better than the Keygos. I didn't know if you have ever seen the Palight, the bodies look the same but the keygos has 6 Q5 and the Palight has 5 Q3. I have 2 other Palights and I think they make a nice light.

The Palight's look good i have not tryed one yet.

DX sell a HA 3 TR-1200 it has a harder coating but it is about $10 usd more, that's the one I will try next.

benckie, let us know how you like the HA III one...

im going to wait till my TR-1200 burns out but the way its going it will be a long time, the HA 3 tr-1200 is on my to buy list but there is others higher up the list since i have a good working tr-1200 and i brought a 4 x 4 last week so im spend money on that right now.