Hi BLF! My name is Kyle and I co-founded FastTech - We want to do better

Hello, glad to see you’re back. I have been trying for the last hour to check out. I have tried three of my credit cards; all of which are in good standing. Your checkout system claims that all 3, which are on separate banks, are not being honored by my banks. This is not a very good way to instill confidence in your “new and upgraded experience”.

Maybe look into stocking queens battery 26800? If you’re located in China I’m sure you can negotiate a bulk price where you can sell a single 26800 for $6 USD at retail

No shipping methods for knives, no shipping methods for batteries, very limited shipping methods for lights with batteries inside… All this “new” things in addition to the old bad habit of selling things you can’t supply. FT was good in past but I can’t see a reason to order from FT in these days.

Happy new year!

My apologies for this. tl;dr either remove vape products from the order and use PayPal to check out, or call you bank and ask them to approve/unblock the payment.

By default PayPal is used for ordering. However as soon as an e-cigarette product is added to cart, PayPal has to be disabled. The non-PayPal credit card payment processor we use is specialized for e-cigarette payments and this, unfortunately, makes many banks see the payment as “high-risk”.

We do have carriers that ship knives and batteries to US/Canada and major EU member states. Unfortunately shipping has become complicated since when we first started. Coverage to other countries may be spotty. Also, it may not be possible to ship both knives and batteries in the same order.

May I ask what country you’re looking to ship the order to? We will see if coverage can be added.

Thank you. Kyle

Any news on the Samsung 3rd generation 21700s?

Hi Fasttech,

Can you help with the below? At least it seems you have a serious problem with delivering, while others don’t:

Wanted to come back here and let everyone know that Kyle came through for me and i finally received my flashlight. They re-shipped it and it arrived in about 3 weeks. Thank you Kyle for restoring my faith in FT.

The supplier confirmed that the new batch would be available between 10th - 15th Feb. We will ship your order as soon as we receive the stock. Thank you for your patience. Jasmine

We are sorry for the delay and any inconvenience this may have caused.

After checking on your orders, 4 of them have already arrived in your country. It usually can be delivered within a week. The delay is due to the limited flights to your country with China Post service. You might have noticed that 3 of your orders arrived in your country on 20th Jan. at the same time even we shipped them days apart. The mail backlog during the Christmas season is also partly responsible for the delay.

For the other 2 orders without further tracking information, it’s most likely because of the security check of China Post. We’ve contacted our logistics providers to fill out the investigation. We will get back to you as soon as we receive new information on the packages. Our CS has also sent you an email to better take care of your issue. Please have a check when you’re convenient.

Given the unstable delivery of China Post currently, we recommend you upgrade the shipping to Registered Air Mail by TNT-PostNL next time with a few dollars charge if you need your order delivering faster. And please also feel free to contact us if you have questions about it during purchasing.

We appreciate your patience and understanding and sincerely apologize for the inconvenience.

Jasmine

Thanks Jasmine, can you explain why Aliexpress, Banggood or Kaidomain doesn’t have such problems? They all ship from China but their service providers are reliable. Also it’s free delivery.
I keep receiving items:
From banggood - max 10 days
From Ali - max 4 weeks
From KD - max 4 weeks

It’s called Fasttech Shipping so you should feel responsible for the provider you have chosen by yourself…

Thanks

Thank you for sharing the information with us. We are taking all the necessary steps to get all the details on the delay in delivery and will see if we can improve it. But I’m sorry that I can not explain your questions because we don’t have enough clues on their shipping methods or carriers. It would be highly appreciated if you could share more details with the name or sample tracking number via private message or email.

Please rest assured we will be providing you with all the support you need to keep track of your orders. If your orders fail to be delivered eventually or far exceed the delivery period, we will always take responsibility to get them replaced or refunded according to our policies. We believe in honesty - that includes when the delivery messes up.

We strive hard to provide shipping methods with a reasonable delivery period to our customers, with free shipping or minimum shipping costs in the meantime. Sometimes, delivery gets late due to unavoidable circumstances. We share your disappointment as it’s happening quite a bit recently with China Post Service and is not in our control. Sorry that I can’t say for sure that this will not be occurring later on.

To avoid such delays, choosing the TNT-PostNL service can minimize the risk of shipping delays, especially if you have an urgent shipment to deliver to you. You can always contact us if you need further delivery information about this shipping method.

We will continue to monitor the delivery of your orders. And we would again like to apologize for the inconvenience caused.

Jasmine

What stops me from purchasing from you is your shipping.
There are free shipping labels on just about everything, until you try to check out , then it adds ridiculous shipping charges.

I added two small items to my cart this morning, a diffuser for a convoy flashlight and some silicone battery covers, amounting to $4.72.

When I view the cart it shows shipping: “Free to the Unites States”

Then I hit - Secure Checkout - and a $15.85 shipping charge is added to a $4.72 order.

Do you really think someone is going to pay $15.82 to ship a $4.72 order ?

nice of you to do this. i’ve only ordered a couple of times from you (years ago now), but both were pleasant experiences. love the photo of the actual package before you send it out!

Tiger2022 does not work on mobile site. There are duplicate listings for items.

Sorry for the late reply due to the Chinese New Year holiday.

Free shipping has a $20 minimum order amount. But the shipping cost you mentioned seemed unreasonable. A diffuser and some silicone battery covers shouldn’t be that shipping cost. There must be something wrong. Please reply to the private message I just sent to you with the SKUs of the products when you’re convenient. I will check and get back to you. Thank you.

Thank you for sharing your satisfaction with us. We are glad to hear that.

I’ve checked the orders placed via the mobile site, and the code was working fine. We will issue the discount to your order manually if you’ve placed the order. If you haven’t placed the order yet, we can also create it and apply the promotion prices for you. If this sounds good, please reply to the private message I just sent to you with the email of your FastTech account when you’re convenient. Thank you.

Jasmine

In 2020 my GF ordered a couple of hundred face masks for a premium. In addition, she paid for express delivery.

14 days came and went, then you contacted her for more money to cover cost of shipping. She paid. All in all, it was now close to 100 EUR for the shipping (she has a business and absolutely need those masks).

Another month passed and the masks arrived. There was a chamical smell that caused headache to them, not usable, and so they went back to China.

I’m ashamed since I recommended FT to her, and after that desaster she had a huge loss, but at least enough good masks from another source.

I’m happy you’re here so I have an opportunity to write:

Never again Fasttech. Never. Absolutely never.

Hope you go bankrupt soon.

@Unheard, first and foremost I am sorry about the pain we caused you and your girlfriend. Believe me when I say I know how you feel. At this point I probably can’t say or promise anything to win you back. I just want to share my own experience with the masks.

In early 2021, some of these face masks ended up (mistakenly) returned to an address in Hong Kong where I work. I wasn’t back at FastTech at that time but I opened the packages anyway so I can let the team know of the returns. There were these blue masks in them. They were still factory sealed in plastic bags, but to this day I cannot forget the smell that came with them.

I felt the same way you did. I could not understand why, out of all the different people involved who sourced, listed, purchased, warehoused, picked, and then packed the orders, no one noticed and said anything about it. I said almost the same words you did, to the people running the operations at that time. It was just beyond all belief and comprehension.

I do personally feel very sorry about the masks and the experience.

The DHL “more money” stunt was caused by someone who overlooked volumetric weights. When I say overlooked I mean we screwed up — masks should have been listed with volumetric weights instead of physical. Due to the number of products we carry, this problem still exists today. We’re working on fixing them daily.

Over the years, I worked with multiple sites based out of China. My observation has been that running an e-commerce site in this place involves a tremendous amount of daily micromanagement. Perhaps it’s a cultural difference, or maybe it’s a developing country thing — as China often likes to call itself that — a lot of common sense that you and I would expect of people elsewhere simply don’t exist here. I don’t mean to be disrespectful or to point fingers but, for a matter of fact, this caused the series of issues we both had with these masks, among other things.

Between 2018/19 and late 2021 a lot of the micromanagement disappeared in favor of a more “peaceful” work environment. We all know what happened next. Thus, Jasmine and I were brought back to the team.

Perhaps my message above is somewhat dim and unbelievable, but I want to say that when I saw your message, I immediately recalled how I felt the same way.

Jasmine has been working her arse off every day since last September, fighting against darn issues like this. I am also working on various improvement projects full-time.

We do want to do better, and we want to do this by owning up to the problems we had. Please keep the comments coming — they are highly appreciated.

Kyle

My experiences with Fasttech have always been positive, but there is a weird phenomenon on brave browser on my tablet in that loading a page a 2nd time, perhaps within a certain time limit of the fasttech server but I haven’t tested much (e.g. for checking for DDOS attacks or something?), it gives an error “This site is unreachable”, ERR_INVALID_RESPONSE.

It happens with all pages, direct search results, or starting the search itself. I encountered this last year already, and I think it was last January that I was browsing the site and had this issue again. Just wanted to mention this issue, so I just checked and I encountered this phenomenon again. Perhaps your webserver doesn’t like Brave browser for some reason as I don’t see this happening on the Samsung browser that is standard on the phone/tablets that I use, and it doesn’t happen on firefox on the PC.

@swhs, we are glad to hear that you have had positive experiences with us. And we are grateful to you for letting us know and sharing it here.

Thank you for taking the time to notify us of the phenomenon on the brave browser. We have noted it down, our staffs in charge of system maintenances will put it on schedule. We will keep you updated on this via private message.

Regards,

Jasmine

Hi,

I stumbled on this thread by chance and don’t have much to add to what has already been said.

I can testify that I used FastTech ages ago, bought a few things, and my experience had been good back then.
Good choice, good prices, good payment options, reasonable shipping (can’t expect premium delivery if I don’t pay premium prices !), items received as expected from reading their description.

It’s sad to learn that the service quality eventually suffered, which led to unfavourable customer experiences. But it’s nice to at least have a company founder come clean about the various issues - instead of denying them (something all too common). Proximity with customers is key.

This being said, if some customers like Unheard have been badly let down by FastTech, then the company should compensate for their losses.
The only way to regain trust is to repair your failures. Which is what FastTech is trying to do right now, since the co-founders’ return… but that won’t help the customers who’ve been let down beforehand.

You can’t possibly leave out in the cold people who’ve entrusted your service, spent more than a hundred Euros for items on which they were counting. This is not a professional way to conduct business. You can’t let victim of a mistake, bear the financial and moral consequences. Those who should pay for these costs are the people responsible for this mistake (i.e. the company as a whole). It’s the only moral approach to solving the issue, IMHO.

At the very minimum, you should refund all the costs incurred in the course of a failed transaction, and send a complimentary example of the item originally ordered (in this case : masks which don’t have a bad smell).

To sum up - as a customer, in case I reported an issue with my order, this is the sort of reaction I’d want to get from the company : “We investigated your complaint, and indeed we made a major error, therefore in addition to providing you with our full apologies, we’re going to provide a proper compensation for your inconvenience”.
That’s my vision of stellar customer service.