Hi from SoCal

How is the weight, is it light or hefty?

It’s quite heavy for it’s size. The walls of the battery tube are thick, and there’s plenty of extra metal in the tail as well.

Now THIS one has stopped working. Another case of switch malfunction. I was clicking away- one click worked, and the next one didn’t. Subsequent brief flash or 2 from the main emitters out of many hundreds of clicks trying to get some response. I’ve mailed it off to someone who says he can fix it. Anny Li (the maker) provided me with a link to this person’s FB account, and I wrote to him there. Despite the wrong initial shipment and reliability issues, I really like this light and want it to work.

I don’t spend this much on flashlights very often. Anny Li has said she will make it right, and hopefully will pay for the repair. I had it less than a week. Maeerxu lights have their followers and detractors, and have received some bad reviews before, but I find sculptural body beautiful (if a bit wasteful of metal), and the aux lights mesmerizing and fun to play with. It really fills a niche for me that no other lights do. Stay tuned.

So you are sending in the light for repair?

Yep. Sent on Saturday…

I missed your followup during the forum change…was about to cheer about getting the replacement and then I saw your next post. :slight_smile: Well that’s frustrating isn’t it. That is like over the top fantastic that she hooked you up with a repair person and is offering to pay for that, though…wow. I don’t think I’ve ever heard of anything like that with any of our light manufacturers.

Let us know what fix-it-person finds the problem to be…I’m curious. Hopefully it’s not a larger design issue, just something simple and run of the mill with parts.

That is unusual to get an RMA. Says a lot about the company.

I recently bought a light that was defective (manufacturer purposely omitted.)

I was asked to make a video which I did. Then I was sent a new light and told to dispose if the old one.

Sounds good right? Not really. It kind of left a bad taste in my mouth that the light was so cheap to produce that manufacturer can juse replace it so quickly.

No apology no nothing. Just here is a new light, now get lost.

Took the fun away from getting a new light in the mail.

Well, she didn’t exactly offer, but she did seem willing to make things right. I told her I didn’t want a refund; that I really like the design and firmware and I wanted a working light. I told her it had become my favorite light. I wrote a good review on the FB page. I think if she’s smart, she will pay for it.