Hi, I am AliExpress!

NO TAXES DUE TO CHINA!

I stopped buying from Ali after that “scam” started.

I am also in Kansas USA where no interstate sales tax exists (yet). If you don’t have a warehouse IN Kansas, you can’t charge me tax. FleeBay doesn’t and Amazon doesn’t.

I don’t give a about games either (there are enough in the USA as it is). :neutral_face:

Do we have any evidence at all this is actually someone genuine from Aliexpress ?
I mean apart from the name and logo, which I could just do myself, I see nothing that substantiates it. (presumably SB knows since he’s greeted them - could you just confirm pls :smiley: )
Just think it odd Aliexpress should send rep over to a site, which basically accounts for 0.002% of their income……. :stuck_out_tongue: Hardly worth their while surely - most deals on here aren’t even from Aliexpress!.
For all we know it could just be another ‘link earner’ set up an account, or an existing linker. Or someone just having a giggle.
Always the pessimist me sadly…… :person_facepalming:

first of all, welcome to BLF.

I am not going to repeat what others already said (horrible search, sellers manipulating search results, …)

Most of us probably go to AE because they tend to have the lowest prices, the best selection in electronics and really unique parts. Shipping was mostly free, that changed recently, but overall still good prices and interesting coupon/loyalty system.

I tend to believe the international reviews, they are not as elaborate as on Amazon. But they normally give you the highlights (shipping speed, quality, and also details the seller didn’t explain). AE is a mass-market platform, not a highly curated web shop where every detail is listed. That is also the charm of AliExpress, it is almost like living in China, going down to an electronics market and get the little pieces you need for your next project. An amazing idea! I shop there all the time.

From the registered email address it appears highly likely that this really is somebody from Aliexpress. But their actual role in the company and their reasons for visiting us here is are unclear. Of course we’d appreciate a bit more transparency and clarity from the OP.

One word— SEO. (Wait, that’s not a word! :innocent: ) BLF ranks very high in a lot of Google searches, and a company’s website ranking can benefit if its products are linked to on a highly ranked site.

That’s good to know sb, thanks for confirming that :smiley: that in mind it can only be a good thing! :+1:

I think yall scared aliexpress away.

Same here. Pist me off, ordered the last few things I “needed” (small orders like zipper-pouches and the like) and that’s it. Haven’t ordered from AX in… what?… it’s been a year since that started?

Jacking up prices 10% or so, well, that sux, but there’s nothing to argue about.

Something sneaky and shady and dishonest, like, “Hey, we have to charge you ‘tax’, so don’t blame us!”, no. That’s sneaky and shady and dishonest.

And the first (and maybe second) order was the worst. Amount is X.XX at checkout, click to confirm, and then it ramps up the bill to X.XX + 10%! Wait… what??

Only later was that “fixed” that the so-called “tax” was listed before tricking you into placing the order.

Very bad. Very very bad.

Ali is a drop-shipper, right? They do the advertising and web page and collect the money, then they order the item and have it sent.
Sometimes the people they’re fronting from have US warehouses, somewhere, for faster shipping.
Figuring out which orders collect — and remit — sales tax is a simple matter of programming.

I don’t mind paying sales taxes tied to my location, if the money actually goes to where it’s supposed to.
That helps pay for schools and lord knows we need better educated young’uns hereabouts.

Same reason I buy gas near home and pay the county sales tax rather than driving a few miles across the county line to avoid it.

I am not sure if all these consumer facing stores are traditional drop shippers.

- the goods are listed, marketed and explained by a third party (the store front)

- AliExpress handles loyalty, payment, escrow/refund, and the trust platform (ratings)

• They also run promotions and have their own payment and clearing infrastructure (Alipay)

Somehow this all sounds like the Chinese eBay?

Every single package I have received so far (I get 2-3x per week) were from a different address and seller/shipper.

Give us RED coupons with > 50% discount !

While my war is over, like Rambo said, which in the spanish version of the film got badly translated into “esta no es mi guerra” (this is not :facepalm: my war), for those of you who are complaining about AliExpress charging tax to US customers I will just say that in order to fix something you first must find the root cause, then properly act upon.

If AliExpress and only AliExpress is charging a tax to US customers (weird) then believe firmly or “ask the God in yourselves” what is the actual root cause for this behaviour. The solution will eventually come to you once the new mind program correctly settles. Some of you may already know the actual cause for this already.

Hope AliExpress (user) comes back and at least answers some questions, that if it didn't happen like trailhunter said of course. :-D

I vaguely recall GB started that soon after, but FT still doesn’t. That’s why I have no problem still ordering from FT.

i do not think of ali as a drop shipper

more of a place where vendors advertise their own wares, in ali’s format, ali handles payment, advertising, marketing, refunds, ‘service’, etc
and they tell the vendor what and where to ship things, and gives money to the vendor

a drop shipper would pretend it was all coming from one place, ali does not pretend that

wle

also i do not think they charge me US tax

wle

Did you try other chinese vendors as well? Banggood, for example. The VapeTech FastTech thing no idea, although they're located in Hong Kong (the ex-UK colony).

P.S.: what if you buy in eBay from a chinese seller, Lightbringer?

I agree with wle, AliExpress is an online marketplace. Sellers inside AliExpress do dropshipping, sometimes I've bought items from different sellers and those items did come from the same place.

Concerning how AliExpress handles the shipping rates, that could improve. A few months ago I looked for a 9V 1+A power supply to repair a radio-CD. Found suitable wares at IC GOGOGO Store, this 9V 1.5A unit and a 9V 2A other. I ordered the more powerful unit because despite both could have served, as happens right now I am asked €1.82 + €0.92 for the 1.5A version, while the 2A unit is set at €2.80. This means the effective price for a single unit is nearly the same for the more powerful supply. I see this sort of glitch quite often, with many other wares and sellers. Annoying.

Also annoying is listing different, multiple price items in the same advertisement for them to show in the upper pages when ordered from lesser to higher price. This only makes the life of good to best deal buyers more miserable, without improving the sales of these stowaway advertisement desperate sellers, imho.

Gnope, haven’t bought anything from BG since right around the Cometa fiasco, I think.

Haven’t touched fleabay. Just the pages listing items for sale are irritating enough that I’d never even create an account.

We should stop give money to WINNIE THE POOH

I used to buy from eBay more or less often. Still I use it from time to time, and certainly its advanced search engine is a lot better than the one used in AliExpress (and supports boolean operators).

Not as many chinese sellers use eBay, but a good deal do. Its a good place to find electronic components and other small value items. Also flashlights, here is the Sofirn C01S with free diffuser from sofirnlight, for example, for just $0.10 extra over the AliExpress price.

AliExpress just left the channel...