Hi, I'm Josh!

Hi Josh. Welcome. Thanks for announcing yourself.

I for one have always wanted to know and maybe you do know: How are Trustfire and Ultrafire and uniquefire and some of the other budget “brands” manufactured? Is there one BIG Trustfire factory, or are there many contracted manufacturing facilities. I think you would find some great interest if you could tell us anything about where these flashlights come from; how they are designed and manufactured. Yes, I know that you are not a manufacturer, but perhaps you have contact with them?

Same thing with the batteries. Is there one big Trustfire plant?

Any info would be beyond interesting to me — and I think many others here.

Have you ever been inside one of the manufacturing plants? What are your impressions? What does it look like? Do they share designers?

Thanks for any info you can give!!!

Of course, I completely understand if you can’t tell much because of business agreements.

Welcome to BLF Josh

Sounds like you have a bit of a dream job according to many of the users here :-)

I hope you have fun here and that your launch goes well.

Hi Josh, I’m Rick. Welcome to BLF…sounds like you have the dream flashlight job…PLEASE keep us informed as things move along. CHEERS .Where have I heard that before? Well anyways….good luck!

Welcome to the family, Josh! Add me to the list of those who think you have a great job. I’m also curious how you ended up working in China. :slight_smile:

Welcome Fellow newbie

Hi Josh, nice to know you here. I’m also living in Shenzhen, hope to meet you in Shenzhen. Ahh

Welcome to your new home ...... :beer:

Welcome to BLF Josh, enjoy your stay at the best flashlight forum in the universe.

Welcome to BLF, Josh.

Hi Ubehebe,
Nice to meet you .I’m Crystal. As to your questions ,I think I can tell you some of it. There is many flashlights factories here.Some of them only manufacture one kind of brand ,and they also want to make the brand famous ones .And there is also some factories which produce different brands ,such as Trustfire ,Ultrafire, and Fandyfire.There are some designers who set the stype of the flashlight ,and set the program of the computer and the computer control the machine and them the samples of the flashlight comes out. Finally ,they use lasers to print the logos ,the models and some other information onto the flashlight. As the flashlight fans,you may know ,a flashlight can be seperated to Emiters, O-ring seal,Tail cap,Heatsink,reflector,circuit boards,Flashlight mounts ,etc.We can may combine 501B shell and different emitters ,such as T6 ,or Q5 or R2 or SSC-P7 to produce different kind of flashlights.And this is also why the same model of the flashlight may differ in price.There contains many different parts.Even the same parts may have different price .
Hope this can help you .And if you have any other questions ,welcome to ask me . :wink:
Sorry for my poor English ,hope what I say didn’t make you more confused , :bigsmile:
Crystal

Hi Ubehebe,I have helped Josh answered your question above .I’m crystal ,nice to meet you here .

Welcome to BLF crystal!

Bien venidos! (sorry my Chinese is no good)

Welcome to the show, crystalcai!

lol racooncity with your usual welcome ! :slight_smile: crystal pic !!!

haha, not too much to tell really. Maybe i’ll shed a little “light” on the subject later. (I love flashlight puns!)

First, welcome to BLF Josh. Now spill the beans! How did a guy named Josh (from Indiana) wind up in China? There has to be a story in there somewhere. Please, give us some insight into how life is in China for a mid western American. Call it ‘bridging’ the cultural gap. I have always wanted the inside scoop on life in China from an American. I have read some literature but it’s not the same. If you spill the beans I will purchase a light.

Keith

+1 Very interested to found out what brought you over there, and what your role at LightsCastle is. I've been very impressed with the company so far!