High CRI penlight or small light for a doctor?

terralux has high cri penlight

I noticed that both of your posts include links to alandental.com

Do you work for alandental.com?

I had a CQG S1 from the group buy last year (a sleek 1xAAA stainless steel clicky flashlight) and managed to swap the led for a Nichia219A 92CRI :love: . Added a clip and lended it out to a friend of mine who is a house doctor, with an assignment: find out the usefulness of the light for doctor use, with emphasis on the light quality. Two months later I asked her about it. She said that she loved the light, but also that any light does the job of diagnosing a patient fine, and that it appeared to be especially perfect for reading a book in bed.

Ok then , so I let her keep the light :-)

I think the Meteor M43 with the 219B would e a good light for a doctor.

Maybe for a colonoscopy. Or checking for broken bones without an x-ray maybe :bigsmile:

One of my old friends, who is a hospital MD, says their biggest routine challenge is sterilizing everything they touch between patients.
The last I heard, they keep a roll of Saran Wrap plastic film next to each keyboard used to enter patient info — pull out a sheet, lay it over the keys and mouse, type/write, tear the contaminated plastic sheet off and discard it.
And the keyboards get cleaned with antibiotic routinely as well. C.diff, apparently, has everyone running rather scared.

How about a hugsby XP-2?

I put this together for my girlfriend going into vet school. It’s a custom anodized titanium preon with a nichia 219 emitter and custom clicky tailcap.

I got one Olight O’pen still in the box, if ur interested.

LOVE my Hugsby P-1 and P-2, and they are amazing < $8 values.
But I don’t think they are high CRI/ warm enough.