High lumen budget lights.

I have the TK75 and TN30, (both XM-L2 versions)are there any decent made budget lights in their respective class, (TK75 general purpose-TN30 flood) that put out more discernible light without mods?

How budget are you talking? I wouldn’t consider a TN30 or TK75 to be really budget. But anyway, the BTU Shocker is supposed to be one hell of a light in both throw and flood. A lot of people rave about it.

To me, around $100 (give or take) for a lot of lumens is budget. For what I see the BTU sells for, that fits what I’m looking for. If it can out perform the TK75, I will add it to my list of possibles.

A stock J18 - $55 at FT, but I recently paid $45 for one from WallBuys. Other similar lights in this class, 7x and above - more lumens than a TK75 or TN30.

Those are 2 nice lights you have. I don't have them. From what I have read and seen, those two could replace most of my collection. There are 2 real good threads with beam shots that might interest you. One is by Ilikeflashlights, but I can't seem to find it right now. Here is the other that I can think of:

:stuck_out_tongue:

Thanks. I had saw that thread a few days ago and lost it. Glad you posted it. For the prices and reviews I am reading, I may need to clean out my vacation fund and get both of these. But one question.
In the BTUs in the thread. One has a BTU driver, and another has a IOS driver, I take it that is stock vs modded?

Both Shockers are modded - I did them both. A "stock" Shocker has a few options: BTU or DRY driver, and choice of emitters. One configuration of the BTU driver with cool white XML U2's does about 3,000 lumens stock, about 140 kcd throw -- that's with the stock AR lens, which they didn't have originally but was upgraded later at no charge.

12x T6 and 15xT6 will put out more flood for under $100.

I love my J18. Floody with a nice amount of throw. Use 26650 cells the performance difference over 18650 is impressive. I think 18650 has a modded Trustfire for sale that might be of interest. He has it listed for $99.

18sixfifties j19’s are actually more than a bit amusing, I bought the first one he sold, I’ve been out playing with it today and its higher output by eye than my 75w halogen car headlights and throws further, it easily lights up every rugby pitch at my stepsons training ground.

I’m feeding it on feilong 32650 cells, which I don’t think are anything special in the high drain stakes, but they are supposed to do a measured 5000mah@5amps, not even king kongs can match that for run time.

I’m happy with it and it actually balances real well for walking about with, you can also carry it over hand and rest the tailcap on your shoulder, if you dont mind the high pitched whine from the dry driver lol, I may pot that to see if it cuts out the whine.

HD2010 or TK70 or Ebay 85w HID.