Highest mAh 16340?

Does anyone know what name brand 16340 has the highest mAh rating. I am seeing at Amazon some off brand 16340’s with suspiciously high mAh ratings which I assume are false claims.

Hi

Welcome to BLF. We’ve been waiting for you :grin:

Those cells vary between 650mAh to 1000mAh. Anything above I’d consider as suspicious.

There’s Keeppower RCR123A claimed to be 1000mAh but some opinions deny that much.

So 950mAh would be highest achievable atm I think. Just get a reliable brand like Vapcell, keeppower, Efest, Fenix, Nitecore.

I can recommend VapCell store. And there’s a BLF representative here at BLF if you need to consult first.

1 Thank

Have a nice time here, 16three40!

1 Thank

I don’t know, and I’m not sure anyone does, as that changes as new products are released.

For some fairly fresh, real world data, you might want to check out my post #113 in the thread linked below. As I pointed out, one must be cautious when just comparing label numbers / specs, because capacity specs can and will vary depending on the load current the testing is done at, and also the discharge cutoff voltage used for the test, and those parameters aren’t always specified / published by the manufacturer. I was doing some comparison testing on Nitecore’s latest / recently released protected 16340 (NL169) which is nominally rated at 950 mAh, and also the cell it is replacing in their line (NL166), rated at 650 mAh. I was also comparing some results from 2 different chargers at the same time (thus the thread this was in). Based on the data for the NL166 cells, the NL169 cells would likely exceed their label rating by a bit if I tested them using the Opus 3100 rather than the MC3000, although I didn’t run that test on the the NL169s.

I routinely use 16340s a lot, and while I don’t have a vast assortment, I can tell you that I don’t believe I have any which test as high in terms of outright capacity (under the same test conditions) as those NL169 cells I reported data for here. I’ll see how they hold up after they have some charge cycles on them, but I’ve been using the previous model cells (NL166) regularly for a while, and they’re holding up well so far.