Highest output Nichia single 219 ?

ok, what tint to choose to get close to high CRI color but with high output with an XPG ?

Well, RMM has a nice supply of 90+ CRI warm white XP-G2s on 16mm Noctigon if a high CRI XP-G2 is what you desire for your P60.

I would choose a XP-G2 emitter in the 5A2 bin. It is very close to a Nichia 219A. I have both in a P60 dropin and their tints are very similar. I have it in R5 flux bin, but maybe it is already available in higher bins.

With any led the higher the CRI the lower the output will be. To generate better color the overlay the die with more phosphors.

Looking at mtnelectronics.
There is a XPG2 R4 5A2 558lm @ 1.5a
now according to description the XPG2 Q2 7C4 IS closer to the CRI 90+ 280lm @1.5a.

So 500lumen is the best output avail and.closest to 90+ CRI ?

Maybe try the Oslon Square LED:

4000K color temperature <— warmer than the 5000K Nichia 219B or 4500K 219A, but not orange like the 3000K high-CRI CREE LEDs.
92 CRI <— same CRI as the Nichia 219

Oslon Square

From the review in that thread, it significantly outperforms the Nichia 219B at higher current. It also has a very low forward voltage requirement so should run longer as the battery depletes.

need a max amp rating for the XPG2 R4 5A2 want to get the most lm out of it…is 2.2amp ok?

Why 219A when higher output 219B is available?

5A or more depending on host/cell/heat sink combo.

Intl-outdoor has the R5 bin:
http://intl-outdoor.com/noctigon-xp16-v2-mcpcb-cree-xpg2-r5-5a2-led-p-778.html
In their dropin it is driven at 2.28 amps:
http://intl-outdoor.com/p60-dropin-module-cuxp2-xpg2-219bt-p-798.html
In a bigger host with proper heat transfer 4-5 amps should be possible.

Made my order.
I will post back here when items arrive from mtnelectronics and I’ll show build pics too :slight_smile:

Quick question.

What TIR Optic can be used with the XPG2 ?
I think i want a TIR> Reflector.

What diameter and what sort of beam profile?

Spot, and p60 so 26.5mm

The common 10 degree 22mm TIR (the one with the white plastic housing) for the XML led works fine with the XPG family of emitter if you center it properly.

http://intl-outdoor.com/2-pcs-cree-xml-led-optic-10-degrees-p-474.html?zenid=fn4op0poakq696m11c7btdd2j6

Ledil Emily RS or SS (real spot and smooth spot) 26 mm dia x 15mm high.
Ledil Irina
Ledil Rocket
Ledil Apollo
Ledil Sputnik
All ~24-26mm
Link to ledil site
Heat wise the best thing would be to not use the big spring and make up a copper collar for the pill the correct length to sit in the head and hold the optic against the lens. This would allow higher current operation than just using the spring and brass p60 pill.

Awesome, those look promising.
I hate the spring behind the p60 it has resistance and is just a SLOPPY design.

OK guys finished the build.

pics

On the left is the new build and on the right is Super ugly purple Nitecore p12

I am happy with this build tho i am starting to not like the rosy tint in this emitter, so I am on the hunt for a 1k+ lm emitter with high CRI

Some prefer the slight rosy tint over the slight greenish cast of C bins. :wink: welcome to the wonderful world of tint snobbery. Even high CRI LEDs aren’t full spectrum and even daylight spectrum changes during the course of the day or under overcast or at altitude. There’s always a dominant color lurking around the edge of the beam.

Edit- how could I forget! Congrats on the successful build. :party: woot, woot

Thanks buddy. I already ordered another driver and xpg2 q2 7c4 90+