Highest output Nichia single 219 ?

Some prefer the slight rosy tint over the slight greenish cast of C bins. :wink: welcome to the wonderful world of tint snobbery. Even high CRI LEDs arenā€™t full spectrum and even daylight spectrum changes during the course of the day or under overcast or at altitude. Thereā€™s always a dominant color lurking around the edge of the beam.

Edit- how could I forget! Congrats on the successful build. :party: woot, woot

Thanks buddy. I already ordered another driver and xpg2 q2 7c4 90+

Congrats on the build!

1k+ lm & high CRI? Sounds like your next build might be a Nichia triple :wink:

Perhaps this Oslon Square 92 CRI, less rosy, more greenish (but not ugly green), max 800 some lumen, tested it two weeks ago:

How about a nichia 219b on a copper star, with 3.4amps should give me 700ish Lumens ?
I havenā€™t started flowing bare leds to boards yet. So for now unless its on a MCPCBā€¦.meh

MTN or IOS sell the 219b triple Noctigon.

In a DD setup & good cell, youā€™ll see around 1300 lm.

Cooling becomes an issue though.

Already have a triple Nichia P60 :slight_smile:
I think the XPG2 7c4 that I just ordered should be a good choice for color close to my triple p60 but perfect for more throw.

A 7C4 is a lot warmer than a 219b. I think 3D is the closest Cree tint?

How warm ?
ROP ā€ Roar of the pelicanā€ warm ?

We have incans in the streetlights around here and my 7C4 doesnā€™t look reddish at all outdoors. Indoors, around the cooler lights used in all the modern devices, it appears yellow orange but not rosy like a 2A :Sp . Direct comparisons with other LEDs donā€™t do it any justice but next to an old incan, you can see how much more natural the tint really is.

Halogen bulb: 2800k-3400k 100 CRI

XPG2
7C4: 2900k 90 CRI
5A2: 4000k-4100k 70 CRI
3D: 4750k-5000k 70(?) CRI

Nichia
219a: 4500k 92 CRI
219b: 4750k-5000k 92 CRI
Various tints are advertised for the Nichias, but I think people have determined the above is what they actually are.

Like you I just put a 5A2 XPG2 in a Convoy L4 and really like it. Might be my favorite tint so far.
You can also get an XPL in the same tint except it has 80 CRI instead of 70.