Holster for L6?

Wow, I am very surprised that you prefer the L6 over the K70. L6 is so much longer.

I do like the K70 but I don’t like the magnetic ring. I much prefer the dual functioning buttons, now that the 4S XHP35 LD-2M2 driver is in the L6. I can cycle thru the levels using the tail cap and the e-switch, just my personal preference. And now that I got the 26350’s coming, the L6 with the XHP35 in it will be back to the 2x26650 size! :+1:

I think you will be lucky to get a 26650 battery tube sized light through the Big Head holster. I know if the tailcap is bigger than the battery tube it wont go through.

I don’t have one, but they do show a 26650 battery tube in the pictures and indicate that a bunch of 26650 lights are supported.

Yeah I seen that Steve, the 30x30mm call out on the hole! I think it will be tight, maybe? Chinese dimensions? The X6 tail cap fit’s the Convoy L6 and it ( X6 cap ) measures 35.35mm the tube 35mm and the Convoy cap measures 37.35mm. We’ll see, because you know, If it ain’t tight it ain’t right!! :smiley:

35mm will fit ok. Anything much larger and I’d suggest you would be pushing it…

Well my holster just arrived http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/VIPER-MAG-LIGHT-HOLDER-CLOSED-security-maglight-maglite-torch-with-belt-loop-/322136790135?hash=item4b00d95477:g:nb0AAMXQUmFSe6w-
& it is basically the same size as the Maxtoch holster I already have :person_facepalming:
The S70 battery tube fits in fine (with the tactical ring removed) but the head sticks up so far that the “flap” only just cover the lens & does not go down the side of the head at all so cannot be closed :frowning:
I think I will have to source a K70 holster & as the S70 head is thicker for longer than the L6 then looking at Kawiboy”s picture of his L6 in the holster I think that the S70 won”t be a loose fit at all :slight_smile:
Anybody got a link to either a K70 holster or a K70 sized holster please ?

This one came today, it will not fit the L2 or L6, but fits the Yezl Y3 and the Jaxman Z1 and Bombeta Cometa!

Actually made very well too!

http://m.ebay.com/itm/Big-Head-Flashlight-nylon-Pouch-Holster-for-Shadow-JM26-TC500-combatlight-/181468828919

Probably the only feature that the Thorfire S70 wins over the L6:

I’m curious which part didn’t fit - was the head too big? Pause.

Yep! Head is way too big! You could maybe lengthen it, cut it off an inch or two before the D ring and sew an extension between that and the flap?

L6

L2

Bombeta

Yezl Y3

I emailed Acebeam & enquired about a K70 holster as I believe it will fit the S70 fine.
Got a reply saying they are $10 dollars plus postage & asking my location so that they can work out the postage cost.

Got a reply from Acebeam on the postage cost on a K70 holster :open_mouth:
$20 DHL or $15 Hong Kong Post so that makes the Holster (which is $10) $30 or $25 depending on shipping :frowning:
A bit more than I would like to pay for a holster for a $50 light.

Just turn the tube around.

Just tried and it works. That’s genius!

where can i buy that bandana of nylon, if is of plastic better, the metal can scratch the paint in the tactical ring.

Any more news on a holster for the Convoy L6??…I started another thread before I saw this one?!Thanks,HB

I am using a maxtoch holster by cutting the upper part.

I’m using a Nite Ize generic light holster, and it works OK, but there’s got to be something more elegant out there.

edit:

If you are interested you can check my thread here: Leather holsters for Convoy L2, C8 and L6