Holster for L6?

I have a Maxtoch holster which I think is the same size as the “Big Head” & my S70 (74mm diameter head so about the same size as the L6) does not fit.
I use the Maxtoch for my Jaxman Z1 which has a head diameter of 53mm.

I ordered one to try out, it should be o.k. since the larger part of the head sticks up into the flap opening, not sitting down inside the pouch? I know it will work for one of my lights regardless, so it’s not much of a gamble! :wink: Big Head Flashlight Nylon Pouch Holster for Shadow Jm26/tc500 Combatlight for sale online | eBay

That is how the S70 sits in the Maxtoch holster but because the head sticks up so far the flap part wont reach anywhere near the velcro on the holster to stick the flap down.

Not worried at all, I have 2 Convoy L2’s which need a holster! :+1:

Yes the L2”s should fit the “Big Head” fine :+1:
iirc I compared the size of the “Big Head” & Maxtoch when I was originally looking for a holster for the Z1& they were the same.
Co-incidently my wife dragged me along to a car boot sale earlier today (don”t know if you have them in the states a bit like a yard or garage sale I would think but with a lot of sellers in one place) & someone had the Maglite D cell ring type for sale brand new in packaging for 50p (about 65 cents).

And now you are going to send it to me as present right :smiley:
LOL kidding
Nice find!

Wow, I am very surprised that you prefer the L6 over the K70. L6 is so much longer.

I do like the K70 but I don’t like the magnetic ring. I much prefer the dual functioning buttons, now that the 4S XHP35 LD-2M2 driver is in the L6. I can cycle thru the levels using the tail cap and the e-switch, just my personal preference. And now that I got the 26350’s coming, the L6 with the XHP35 in it will be back to the 2x26650 size! :+1:

I think you will be lucky to get a 26650 battery tube sized light through the Big Head holster. I know if the tailcap is bigger than the battery tube it wont go through.

I don’t have one, but they do show a 26650 battery tube in the pictures and indicate that a bunch of 26650 lights are supported.

Yeah I seen that Steve, the 30x30mm call out on the hole! I think it will be tight, maybe? Chinese dimensions? The X6 tail cap fit’s the Convoy L6 and it ( X6 cap ) measures 35.35mm the tube 35mm and the Convoy cap measures 37.35mm. We’ll see, because you know, If it ain’t tight it ain’t right!! :smiley:

35mm will fit ok. Anything much larger and I’d suggest you would be pushing it…

Well my holster just arrived http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/VIPER-MAG-LIGHT-HOLDER-CLOSED-security-maglight-maglite-torch-with-belt-loop-/322136790135?hash=item4b00d95477:g:nb0AAMXQUmFSe6w-
& it is basically the same size as the Maxtoch holster I already have :person_facepalming:
The S70 battery tube fits in fine (with the tactical ring removed) but the head sticks up so far that the “flap” only just cover the lens & does not go down the side of the head at all so cannot be closed :frowning:
I think I will have to source a K70 holster & as the S70 head is thicker for longer than the L6 then looking at Kawiboy”s picture of his L6 in the holster I think that the S70 won”t be a loose fit at all :slight_smile:
Anybody got a link to either a K70 holster or a K70 sized holster please ?

This one came today, it will not fit the L2 or L6, but fits the Yezl Y3 and the Jaxman Z1 and Bombeta Cometa!

Actually made very well too!

http://m.ebay.com/itm/Big-Head-Flashlight-nylon-Pouch-Holster-for-Shadow-JM26-TC500-combatlight-/181468828919

Probably the only feature that the Thorfire S70 wins over the L6:

I’m curious which part didn’t fit - was the head too big? Pause.

Yep! Head is way too big! You could maybe lengthen it, cut it off an inch or two before the D ring and sew an extension between that and the flap?

L6

L2

Bombeta

Yezl Y3

I emailed Acebeam & enquired about a K70 holster as I believe it will fit the S70 fine.
Got a reply saying they are $10 dollars plus postage & asking my location so that they can work out the postage cost.

Got a reply from Acebeam on the postage cost on a K70 holster :open_mouth:
$20 DHL or $15 Hong Kong Post so that makes the Holster (which is $10) $30 or $25 depending on shipping :frowning:
A bit more than I would like to pay for a holster for a $50 light.

Just turn the tube around.