Holy Hot Spot Batman, 824kcd! (Formerly, 100mm Aspheric Lens at Fasttech)

ABS ABS ABS

Next time you are in HD or Lowes check out the ABS plumbing pipe. The full size stores should have all the plastic pipe parts in both PVC and ABS. Pick up some the larger pieces of ABS parts in your hand, you will be amazed at how light in weight they are! Another advantage is that the ABS parts are already black.

ABS, why didn't I think of that?

Very good suggestion. Thank you again dchomak.

You did, in your sleep, you just didn’t remember it because you are a sound sleeper. :slight_smile:

Whoa, 800kcd+ (XM-L2) and 400kcd (MT-G2) is astounding! Congrats :smiley:

Can’t identify which flashlight is that, mind telling me?

UltraFire AT-1226. http://dx.com/p/201475

It's pretty much utter crap in stock form - next-mode antimemory, hollow pill, blue tinted XML... it's decent as a host, like a SRK with a 70mm head.

The fix for that is a Fresnel lens.

Can you get the pvc to slide or twist so it zooms? I started with a zoomy but figured the amount of zoom travel it had would be of no use with so big a lens and discarded the old head (I use if for a magnifying glass).

Hi Fritz. I imagine it would be pretty easy to do. The set up I used in this thread did it, but in a very limited range. Compatible PVC parts would need to be found that are snug enough to hold, but yet slide when pushed. If they aren't available, one could use o-rings or metal wire to obtain the right fit. A grove would need to be cut into the inner pipe/fitting to hold the o-ring in place.

Thanks for posting this info 4Wheelr. Good find on that lens.

Currently I am seeing 2 of these in 100mm at FT. One says the beam angle is 5-120, and the other says 5-90. But I dont understand exactly what this means. Which one is a tighter beam. I have also seen some that have a different first number like 20-85 etc.

Is this suppose to be like beam angle minimum to maximum depending on focus??? Even warm?

Hi,

i used this lens for my Blue Star Turbo Head: FT 100 Lens 5-120

I think the other lens has a longer focal length. The beam is even with this lens already crazy tight but measured at 1,3 Mcd :wink: Spotsize is about 3m diameter at 250m distance :bigsmile:

Greetings

Kenjii

1300 Kcd/KLux@1m or 1,3 Mcd/MLux@1m :wink:

More info on the Blue Star: CPF

Kenjii,

Very nice work there. Love it. If you know your lens focal length, please share. I seemed to get different focal lengths with different emitters (MT-G2 vs XM=L2).

VOB,

I wish I knew the answer to your question. Sorry bro.

As far as I know that is what the numbers refer to, min and max angle of the lens.

Cheers David

I think that is in degrees, 360 degrees to a circle.

That lens looks awfully flat. My stage lighting Fresnel lens catches a lot more light.

Is the lens you found circular or square? What diameter? Any pictures or data? :)

The link I posted there still works, but the price has gone up a bit. My flashlight doesn’t zoom, but the lens would work in a zoomy.