Home Depot lowers price of Cree 60W equiv. from $12.97 to $6.97 EDIT: some stores $4.97, $3.97, $9.97 Vermont stores are $1.98

I wish they’d make them in 3,500-5,000K

I wish they’d make them in adjustable tint.

Half 2,600K, half 7,000K, levels adjusted for whatever white tint you desire at the moment. Plus it could get warmer as its dimmed like traditional incandescents.

In 150W. Cheap. :crown:

There's only 31,881 in stock at my area stores! (<15 miles)

I picked up 10, 60W at $4.97 ea. today, brings my total to 22 in the house now. All warm tint, really can’t tell them apart from an incan.

I find they also work well with dimmer’s made for LED/CFL bulbs.

I’m going to rent a Box Truck.
Anybody in for a group buy? :bigsmile:

Just kidding, fantasising.

LED bulbs will continue to evolve and ultimately be produced at a point where they become as common and cost effective as the 99 cent CFL. Just give it another year or two. Even at these prices (IMO), now is still not the time to buy.

I bought 1 BR30 65W soft white to try. Not the same color I expected compared to my old PAR30 75W. It’s bright enough just the color is not right.

San Diego is finally getting a discount, but it's still nowhere near as low as those prices in Connecticut. It's hard to justify them when the CFL's already in lamps are still working. Some CFL's may die an early death...

Ditto in H-Town area

$2 in Vermont? Thats nice!
Any Vermonters here I could buy a couple from? :bigsmile: Even with shipping it could be good.

Any area have discounted 100W crees? 60s have always been kind of low imo.

Guess the Vermont price might have went up. I’m seeing $5 at the Rutland #4502 store. Same 60W sku:1000003071.

Was this three way bulb discussed here before? 30/60/100W equivalent.

I finally got a three way bulb yesterday. It could use a lower low, but I was still overjoyed to finally have a three way bulb again after many years of one mode CFL's and regular Cree LED bulbs. It failed early this morning. My joy is dead.

Are you saying your brand new 3 way Cree LED bulb died after 1 day? If so, and you got it at HD, bring it back and get another. You deserve good one, :wink: HD deserves to know if you’re not happy, :frowning: and Cree deserves to know if there is a problem. :open_mouth:
I have not yet had a problem with any of the 40W eq and 60W eq Cree bulbs. Never got a 3-way, aren’t they about $20?

Not even a full day. I bought it yesterday morning, opened the package lastnight, and it failed early this morning after less than eight hours of use.

I'm not too stressed because as you guessed, I got it at Home Depot. I'll swap it out this morning and keep swapping it out until it stops failing. If that happens a lot, I'll stop punishing Home Depot with all those exchanges and start dealing directly with Cree...that is, if Cree pays shipping!

Yep, it's a little over $20. My 60W bulbs haven't been a problem at all.