How a Zippo Armor lighter should have been made

Holy Lighter Collection Batman!

Damn fine examples, I saw the first one you posted while I was looking for either a Zorro or a Carson War Armor, very nice but I refrained from buying it because of the hinge protruding and not being flush with the side, that aside how is the quality?
To me they looked like the were built very solidly and pretty much bombproof.

Could you find out the model of that Zorro insert? It looks interesting and I want to look a little more into it, if only to check how it looks in stainless instead of brass.

The third lighter is really cool, at first I thought it was some kind of Vaping mod refurbished into a lighter :smiley:
Dat thing seems to hold a bucketload of fuel btw :smiley:

How is the quality on the last two? the finish seems decent, have you noticed any particular issues like milling chips left behind?
Also how hefty are they? I like brass and I worry titanium/steel could feel a little light for my tastes :smiley:

No chips or sharp corners, they are well made.

First insert from the case is “zorro1”
https://www.aliexpress.com/item/1005001413262121.html

Second one you can find here along with more variants:
https://www.aliexpress.com/item/4001024671812.html

I have the stainless version too but does not fit the case, I guess tolerances are hit & miss on these inserts :slight_smile:
Unfortunately I don’t have an original zippo insert to compare at the moment.

And I have the Zorro war armor too, but I don’t like it because it’s way too big and heavy. And the case body has some play even tho it has a groove that should prevent that. Not as much play as the zippos, but it is a bit noticeable. The titanium case has no play and it doesn’t have any groove that fixes the top part in place. Maybe it will loosen in time, I don’t know…

The one with copper tube is here:
https://www.aliexpress.com/item/4001164611861.html

First of all thanks for all the infos and links :smiley:

I have a question on your Zorro wa armor, how heavy is yours?
I went for the 912hk version which I think is the correct model number, and mine weighs a little under 150g and I find it absolutely perfect for my jeans’ 5th pocket.
Could it be that you are referring to the 912S model which is the one with a thicker side that weighs something like 250g?
I personally don’t find mine THAT heavy.

How do you feel about that external hinge on your titanium one does it not bother you a little? I saw a few cool and well made lighters with that style but my passion for clean lines stirred me toward that sweet flush hinge of the Zorro 912, that side bulge is somewhat of a design crime to me lol.

I am about to receive (crossing fingers) a new Zorro insert because I don’t really fancy the brass on brass look I have going on right now and I’d rather have a steel insert, hopefully being both case and insert by Zorro there should not be any “fitting” issue.

The tube one has me really intrigued tho… the short version could be a nice fit for my 5th pocket but I fell in love with the fidgetyness of the Zippo and I much prefer a lighter that is easier to work with one hand, granted you can do it with the cylindrical one aswell but a little too cumbersome.
Also I am SURE I would lose the cap XD

it’s 192g without the insert.
External hinge doesn’t bother me. There are versions with flush hinge too.