How about best 18650 bang for the buck

Having had my own problems with Gearbest I now only use them for mega bargains. The kind of prices that are hard to walk away from. Pretty much everything else gets purchased from Banggood. If Banggood price matched I would never use Gearbest again.

I went for the protected 2600 from GB. I asked them to put them in cases if they did not come with them and I would pay for it.

We will see how it works out. For $3 a piece, WTH.

My choice for the best bang for the buck are Samsung INR18650-30Q for high drain and Panasonic NCR18650B for lower 3 amp or less loads. Seiko IC and AO8814 MOSFETs are used by Evva on the Panasonics and are the best Pcb’s out there. Pcb’s are usually not on high drain due to the added resistance. Both can be had for less than $10.00 apiece and won’t fail you. So spend a little extra and get the very best batteries out there. Look here for anything quality battery 16650 - 18650

Exactly what I mean. The Samsung 26F has decent capacity, is protected, and fits most lights. For what they are priced at they make good batteries to give away.

Samsung 26F has unbeatable price/performance ratio and discharge curve is most similar to legendary Sanyo FM that is AFAIK still best choice for use with single led/7135 driver combination at moderate power levels…

A lot of great info here, thanks. I’m going to get some of the 26F from GB and probably a few Ewa from MTN and do some runtime comparisons. For high drain I’m getting some 30Q’s from Liion Wholesale.

Another set of 4x Samsung 26F just arrived from GearBest and the packaging was different compared to last time - it was much better! Guess they have improved this aspect when shipping lithiums…

good to hear! i ordered 4 protected ones yesterday…

Does anybody know how many amps the 26F Samsung protection circuit would allow?

On my new protected cells I get 3.05A - 3.11A at the tail cap (tested with three different new 26F) inside a Solarforce L2M that has a self-made drop-in (the 3A driver can’t take more here and is working as designed).

I like the price for this set. Will the protected ones fit in a Convoy S2? read in another thread that these type are the real deal (not fake) Would like to buy these as long as the deal is on gearbest.

i use a protected panasonic 3400mah in my convoy s2+, and it works fine. so i guess a protected 26F would work as well. might test tomorrow just to be sure

Just to confirm, these will fit inside the Convoy S2+. A friend and I tried it and it worked! these are also great with extender tube lights where you put 2 in and the low voltage protection doesn’t know that you have 2 batteries inside!

4 PCs ICR18650 - 26FM 3.7V 18650 2600mAh Protected

I got my 26F order from BG.

They were in very thin zip bags is sets of 4. Several of the bags were ripped and cells had come out. The bags were essentially in a pile inside a further wrapping of bubble wrap. Several batteries escaped the bubble wrap and were floating around inside the plastic shipping bag.

I have not examined all the cells yet. A few have small cuts or dents. I am testing all the cells.

Particularly annoying is that I asked they be shipped in plastic cases. Said I would pay for the cases if that was not the normal packaging.

GearBest shipping department gives you possibility of bigger “BANG” for for your bucks.

I have couple of lights at the country side, Jacob A60, stock and stock Lumintop SD10, both with Panasonic NCR18650B protected, would like to replace these higher capacity cells with something cheaper.

Are these still the best bang for the buck or, perhaps, they are even better compared to what those NCR’s of mine can deliver at comparable amp load?

http://www.gearbest.com/batteries/pp_192848.html

If so, what other choices regards to protected 18650 for flashlights I have from GB’s offerings?

Would like to stay as close to 12$ as possible ;)!