How can i mark battery pairs?

I do the same as these guys, you can put a lot of info on a small label if you use a small font or just match cells by numbers, letters, or a combo.

I do basically the same except I use regular scotch tape. Haven’t had any issues with the tape coming off.

Very simple. Permanent marker + clear tape on top.

Cheap, widely available, quick, and simply works. My labelling last for years, and not even showing much signs of fading.

I use my wife’s nail polish. She has more colors than I have batteries and I have a lot of batteries.

Yeah, but what do you use to mark the batteries.

Dangit now the cat is out of the bag. :bigsmile:

LOL. What’s your favourite colour? :wink:

Metallic red with holographic glitter of course.

Red is for WHORES!!! (<< is this kosher?)

I only pimp myself out for really nice flashlights, what ya got. :wink:

How long will a balancing be valid? I would assume that you would have to rebalance after 10-15 cycles, or a few months, and that would mean that semi-permanent marking is fine.

Marker pen with clear tape, as mentioned above, seems like a good idea otherwise.

I just mark the wrap with a series of dots with a Sharpie. I haven’t had any problem with it rubbing off. I’m pretty careful how I handle them to avoid touching the dots.

I just use a Sharpie and protect it with a layer or Scotch tape:

I use nail polish too, just a thin line in the diviot near the positive terminal. If I need to, I will dot the polish in a pattern with other colors.

A store I go to had a huge sale on all the questionable quality polish with some good ones in the mix, bought one of each color (8 cents a pop). As a guy, with a shopping basket full of nail polish, it was weird. but very helpful in the long run. Now my sister comes to me for all those hard to get colors.

I have to say, I use the clear polish the most around the house.

I actually have no issues with Sharpie on the wrappers, but what I've started doing is binning by using different colored shrink wrap from FastTech. Alternatively, remove the factory wrap from your cells, use a Sharpie on the cell, then use the FastTech clear shrink wrap:

Can You maybe tell me, are those wraps applicable for 14500’s too?
Looks like I can’t find any dedicated to use on 14500. :frowning:
Do You think they will shrink enough?

Second question - how much they increase the diameter after application?

I use dapps GitD paint on the end of the batt to mark the pairs.
Ex: 2 18650 have 1 dap at the end; another pair have 2 daps.
I can just twist off the tailcap and see which one I have. Not that it glows without charging though.
Those paint is tough.

FastTech has shink wrap available for 14500 cells here but only in yellow:

http://www.fasttech.com/products/0/10004244/1140202-23mm-heat-shrink-wrap-1-meter

The wrap shinks to the same thickness as a factory wrap... If you remove the original wrap and replace it, your cells will be approx. the same diameter. For details on using the shrink wrap, check out GottaZoom's process here:

https://budgetlightforum.com/t/-/14650

This shrink wrap works great with a hair dryer, no need for a heat gun or flame...

Thank You for fast answer. :beer:

I looked at FastTech, but somehow didn’t find that, just wraps for 18650’s.

I do not mind the yellow color, for me, and this purpose, i find the color is completely irrelevant… and yellow is highly visible, too… :smiley:

Hair dryer is enough, You say… I have heat gun (hot air gun), and I thought I could use it… but if hair dryer will do the yob, even better. :slight_smile:

OK, I’ll order some of that stuff, so we’ll see… :wink: … some of my crappy 14500 just crying for new clothes… :smiley:

I used to use Scotch tape as a quick first aid, but time is to fix them properly.

Yep. Do it this way.