How COLD is it where you are?

Guys, please be informed I do not agree to steal the cold from Europe. In ’80 when I was I kid, the snow used to cover everything in November to melt down in March. Over whole that period the temperature sustained between –25Celsius to 0 Celsius. The fun was great.
But not any more. Snow to my children is more exotic than coconut palm (which are not very popular here). A few sledges I own are covered in dust on the attic. Look brand new.
Honestly: I do miss real winter. And what I observed after spending a year in California - summer doesn’t give as much happiness if you did not feel the cold in winter. Definitely I prefer 4 seasons than just constant summer.

Enjoy the winter for me then. You lucky guys.

At the moment, it’s a balmy –8 degrees Fahrenheit. Almost time to break out the flip-flops & shorts, methinks…

4:14AM………….Eating Breakfast and then hitting the trail w/ CAPO!

–2F/-19C,CHILL FACTOR –16F/-27C :+1: :sunglasses:

Still working on my Video,downloading on Youtube to post on here is taking very long!

@1stein- Dzien Dobry!! :smiley:

Wooow. Dzień dobry to you too. How nice to hear some Polish language.

Polish roots? Friends? Family?

How can you lot exist.
Wife was in 46.5c Last week, (Adelaide), a bit warm if you have to work in it
Work on sited “usually” stops around 40/41Deg c.
We were at 36/37c.(Just nice). 2.500km’s North of there.

We 27km North of Tropic of Capricorn on East coast of Australia.
Sub. Tropics. Shorts and T Shirt all yr. Sandals. With “maybe” a
Skivvy first thing in morn for the 6 or 8 weeks of “Winter”.
We get 2 seasons basically. Wet and Dry.
I’ve been in this country 46 yrs. always said I’d move after the first day of frost.
I’m still here.

23C right now, with a possible high of 35. As far from cold as it can get during this part of the year. I could work in shorts and sandals if I wanted to. Blessed be AC!

34°F/1°C in Berlin, Germany today.

When I was on vacation in Cape Coral, FL in January some years ago there was this big blizzard coming from Canada blowing deep temperatures over the entire US. Even at Florida's gulf coast it was only about 40-50°F, so I travelled down to Miami where it was at least about 60°F. So much for beach holidays...LOL. :-D

Looks like it's the same situation this year again.

NO JOKES BLF!!

I am half Polish and Half Italian! :smiley: ,maybe some German?,which means I am slightly less than half Polish!

FINALLY DOWNLOADED!! :+1:

This was yesterday afternoon @ the University Of Valley forge which has a lot of open sports fields.,VERY windy,about 15F/-9C With 30 to 40 MPH gusts. CHILL FACTOR~ –10F/-23C.

The last 20 seconds of the video the wind really picks up! :smiley:

https://lh3.googleusercontent.com/nrtLHN5_rpNfA-aoBro63komCWFME15AziS7wqlnXPOFPxVvU-z2801-sDN3T66IcevE5Y2Y-FnToA=m18?cpn=Pcn2CL4Dr4v07Jx6&c=WEB_EMBEDDED_PLAYER&cver=20190126

It looks really chilly (refreshing?), but I don’t mind such weather. You can just appreciate more a fireplace and hot tea after returning back home.

But why don’t you unleash the dog?

You do NOT let a Siberian Husky off of a leash[unless it is fenced in]!!

They are sled pulling dogs and have a very high prey drive for small animals,they are known to be 30 or 40 miles from home once they get off a leash and no guarantee you will see them again!

The county I live in was mainly colonized by polish, so I hear dzien dobry and do widzenia oftenly! The elder ones speak the full language with almost no interference of other languages. They get very happy when you greet them in polish.

Unfortunately the young ones didn’t get too interested on learning it so the language is dying slowly.

Thanks,video now works!

Witamy, witamy, i gorąco pozdrawiamy. :slight_smile:

–10F here in Michigan this morning.

I scanned through the posts and looks like The members from Minnesota, Chicago and CANADA are the champs!!

,Klotski –20F/-35F[AM],Justanotherguy[–19F] , dmsoule –14F/-27F[AM] AND the gentleman from Canada Bob_McBob –16F/-27C

I have an idea for later this winter, but probably next winter[hopefully finances better],have a GAW for COLDEST temperature,considering everyone is Honest! I will have CAPO do the weather verification investigation!! :wink:

Side note: A first today. Three pumps in a row did NOT work at the local Sunoco. I finally got the Fourth one to work. It pumped very, very, very slow. It took more than 7 minutes to pump 6 gallons in my car! THEN,the automatic shut off did NOT work!! I was talking to an attractive woman then looked at my tank and gas was pouring down the side! :person_facepalming:

Ha ha, had to look it up.

This is a very nice feeling hearing Polish words from across the world. Thank you, it’s far too kind. I’m so pleased because you may encounter diffrent reactions to polish speech depending on where you are. Never been to south America, but as far as I remember the most charming reactions I met in Mexico (first in 2002, then in 2008). In 2002 the Pope was Jan Paul the Second which mexican citizens knew very well. I remember their cheerful words: Poland! Welcome - Jean Paul II is the Pope of us all.
Also have very warm memories of my stay in Costa Mesa/Orange County/CA (spent there a year as a student). Endless summer, warm ocean in winter and very nice girls (judging by the nearby states - the best girls in US :laughing:
But what I’ve learnt, your roots are more important then you might think. I always come back home with a real pleasure (no matter how sweet was the journey) like the adage: home sweet home. (or in Polish: every place is good, but home is the best). I was raised in certain enviroment (4 real seasons) and I realized I need to keep living in this enviroment to feel happy. How can you appreciate summer when it’s the only season there is? Summer becames ‘regular weather’ then.
So what I’m trying to say is that you should accept the cold, freeze and chill and enjoy it. Just get yourselves appriopriate clothes. The spring that comes after winter will reward you doubly.

Me too!

Monday is suppose to be 51F, Tuesday 60F. :person_facepalming: :disappointed:

Had –4°F overnight in kinda Central PA by a Big river.
Evil winds all day yesterday, never looked up the windchill. Didn’t wanna know.
Was still only ONE°F @ 9AM today
Checked over house and no suprises. Water still flowing, Inside the pipes where it belongs. Still gotta check again later in case a frozen blockage thaws. 100+ year old house.

Capo is a cool dog, congrats.