How did we do? (FastTech.com)

From FastTech I got an Akoray K-106 in 30 days without tracking, which I consider fair because of christmas.
Unfortunately it was the bad-driver version that only functions on Li-Ion after you have used that in the light (the booster burns after some seconds).
The bad driver can be identified on the red arch (picture left), same as DX. To the right my K-106 from Dino-D with a good driver, same as Manafont. On the FastTech one there is also missing one sealing o-ring.

Thank's for that info! I wonder if their Trustfire F20 has the same bad driver? My F20 from T-Mart came with the good driver.

-Garry

Fasttech has added res Sanyo´s, is the price good (can´t remember what they cost elsewhere)

https://www.fasttech.com/products/1/10001901/1210702-sanyo-18650-2400mah-36v-rechargeable-lithium-batte

Just noticed they have added the Niwalker 550N3 light. One of my favourite lights, and at $63.69, probably about half what my wife paid last September for my anniversary present. Great quality.

I also got a package from them this morning of a few things I ordered on 9th January. A week from order to delivery in the UKis pretty amazing.

Thanks for the notice!

What makes it so different from say…. a C8?

Cheers!

I have a XinTD version 2, which is good, but the Niwalker is in a different league - it’s solid, feels great in the hand, and I love it.

It’s reviewed here by turboBB and my impressions are here.

Sweet, thanks for the links!

it’s just twice the price od a xintd

And, to me, the Niwalker is worth three times the price of the XinTD :wink:

XinTD c8 is the best flashlight at that price. And it tailstands :wink:

@fasttech:
It’s great, that you give us (the forum) an own couponcode. I buy a lot because you have a lot of nice products, a very good shipping time and nice prices.

Almost every order I bought 3 or more products of a kind and in this case the couponcode is useless. I get the bulkrate price as every other customer, too. Isn’t it possible to creat a code for us, which give us a benefit additional to the bulkrate price?

Fasttech lived up to their name today. I got my 105C drivers which I ordered nine days ago. That’s a very fast delivery time for Canada. I also see a big improvement in the packing, with bubble wrap taped around these tiny driver boards.

Keep it up FT!

sixty545 —-

I also purchased an Akoray K-106 from Fasttech, but mine is very different. I think these links will explain:

This is what I purchased:
Akoray K-106 $13.88

According to the photos, you purchased one of these:
Akoray K-106 5-mode $10.97
Akoray K-106 1-mode $10.90

Mine came exactly as pictured. It has double o-rings, and the driver is different than both of your photos. It works with lithium ion batteries, and just fine with AA afterwards. Mine also has anodized AND square cut threads.

I studied the photos of both models before I ordered, and decided the extra $3 was worth what looked like (and turned out to be) superior quality.

I think the $13.88 version is the only real Akoray K-106. It should be the one where you can program the modes.

The other two are knock-offs. You might as well get a Trustfire F20 instead of those.

Mine is a 6 mode, but unfortunately not programmable. It also has no mode memory, if left off long enough, it will return to high. (Which I like)

The modes take about a full second of off time to cycle, so at first, I didn’t even realize it had multiple modes. I don’t really care about them anyway, high is pretty much perfect for this small light.

Aw man, bummer. I totally forgot that there was a legit version of the K106 with 6 fixed modes. I was hoping it was the programmable one. Those are very hard to find now.

C8 with AMC7135*8 for 16,5$ :bigsmile:

Did you notice that C8 is NW as well? Nice.

Thanks for the info! Mine is the 5-mode version. I'll use that Akoray as a cheap host for a pocket rocket then.

Good info! - the posts ought to be moved or copied to the Akoray 106 thread.

Convoy M2´s added with 3C tint available:
http://www.fasttech.com/products/1/10002364/1212502-convoy-m2-cree-xm-l-t6-3c-2-group-35-mode-led-flas
(2100mAh and 2800mAh driver options)