How did we do? (FastTech.com)

I don't mind if they leave the manufacturers claim. We all know they're false. I don't expect them to test for "true" capacity (which would likely vary anyway).

-Garry

Another sub 10 day from order to delivery for the packet of eJuice that arrived yesterday :slight_smile:

Dispatch of another order today but missing one item they can’t find stock of. Jasmine offered refund of that item or exchange for another variation straight away. Totally the way to deal with a small order and what I would have done in that situation myself. Hopefully the next order will be as quick to arrive and I can use the store credit with the next order - the only debate is do I try and sneak another order in before CNY or wait it out?

I’m going for it. They’ll ship in 2 days max.

Just finished a 1A discharge test on my other black Trustfire 26650.
Oddly, this one also gave me exactly 2800mAh.

Give the battery some full cycles before measuring discharge capacity.

Battery capacity is important but i will personal put safety in first place.

Subpar lithium cells do not promise nothing good under this aspect and
what you report (2.8 Ah @ 1A) clearly shows a subpar cell.

But since it is an XXXFIRE … it’s far to be a surprise !

Years ago i spent some money in that category but after few unavoidable disappointments i took the decision to drop them and adopt better cells.

Sure more expensive, but still in service.

Nowadays rechargeable lithium battery choice is significantly wider while prices are lower so i do see very few reasons to consider whatever XXXFIRE device, especially with this quality/performance lottery factor.

At the end of the day is not convenient for anyone, seller included.

We’ve begun re-testing those -Fire batteries today:

Jasmine

I have had delivery off two orders to Australia on the 29 and 30th of the Jan. Both were posted on the 21st. Quickest delivery's I have had from overseas. Thanks guys.

Lol

I would venture to say that I am an idiot.
Let me repeat that - I am an idiot.
After spending some time thinking how odd it was that both my cells terminated charging at exactly 2800mAh, I had a play with the Imax B6 and found some settings I’d never seen before, including one labelled ‘capacity cut off’. And what is it set to? Yup, 2800mAh.
Did I mention I’m an idiot?
I’ll now redo my capacity tests, but feel free to hurl abuse at me…

Maybe contact fast tech about your new measurement!

They are putting a lot of effort and time into helping us!

Wow this thing would perfectly fit in my living room. When I am grown up I will have such a tester,too.

I hope you have disabled/adjusted the time setting on your B6charger too.

I’d say that the discharge function is a more useful option for measuring capacity since it doesn’t take account the energy lost through heat when charging, although negligible. Thanks for sharing this!

Can sbdy tell us the proper way to check the capacity.
I tried with a b6 but the cut off is at 3.0v for li-ion.

Cut off 3V is fine.
And yes you have to measure discharge capacity after you have fully charged the battery. Optimal after some full cycles.

Haven’t read the entire thread so not sure if I’m out of tune, but after placing an order for the first time I’ve received first class service from Jasmine, here’s hoping the company systems and policies don’t let her down as she’s doing a fantastic job. I wonder if Fasttech realise how valuable she is right now and if they are paying her sufficiently :wink: , there’s no substitute for great service around these parts. I’m impressed.

Haha, lol!
Don´t take it seriously, it has happened to me once also, when measuring some alkaline D-cells :smiley:

Jasmine, it is a good thing that you test your batteries for yourself.
We understand, that it is impossible to test them all.

Do not be surprised, if you see A LOT OF variance in performance in some brands :bigsmile:

My revised results for the black Trustfire 26650 - 4114mAh :8)
That’s a 1A discharge down to 3V.

Thanks! That's a lot better! So I wonder if there is any difference between these black TF's and the Flame TF's?

-Garry