How did we do? (FastTech.com)

There are many many people who will not use li ion batts due to all the “boom” stories on the net, add that to all the people who like a big fat maglite style light with a high out put and you have a winner, for sure.

Yes I know, not practical or what the ave BLF member would buy, but they will sell bucket loads. The EA4 is sold out in most UK online stores, the general public can’t get enough of them. The EA8 will be seen as the EA4s big brother.

maybe in UK... but the price will probably be something like +$90, not the amount that I would pay for double-A light.

There are also Fenix TK41 (XM-L U2), TK50 (XP-G R5 and very nice design), TK60 (XM-L T6) and TK70 (3x XM-L T6) to choose from

but one more light on the market would definitely be + :)

I have a problem with a recent order!

What I mean is, I don't see how this is possible:

Tuesday-Saturday? Of the same week? I mean, I know it happened, 'cause I have the stuff here in my grubby little hands, but... wow. Wow!

Placed a battery order on Mar 2 and I got them on Mar 9. Now it don’t get any better than that. I love you FastTech!

Just a quick pointer post, we’re pleased to announce our official Android app dedicated to support and order tracking:

More Information:

Play Store Link:
https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.fasttech.android

It’s beta so there are quirks. Report crashes so we can get them fixed ASAP. Thanks!

Jasmine

downloading now…
Edit: Take pictures… nice! you can do ticket submissions through this. Cool.
And only 15 crashes in the first two minutes…. :wink: Just kidding.

Ordered Small Sun ZY-T08 and two 18650 batteries on Feb. 11. Delivered on or about Feb 23. Items were undamaged. Not bad times considering the New Years delays and China Post hiatus.

Sweet. you can see all of your orders, the items in them with SKUs (no pics so far). On the bottom of each order is a drop-down to select a ticket type.
OK, it didn’t work… I tried a test ticket and:

- It would not let me submit a ticket, kept saying “Message is too short”. I had about 10 lines of text in there.

• I took one pic and it showed icons for three, maybe that’s normal.
    This is a good idea, I like it. Once it’s running smooth, I could potentially use it.
    I think the SKUs should be clickable and either show the item page, or open it in a browser.

OK, a general support message went through no problem. maybe it’s just the order-specific ones. Dunno.

Got my first FT order yesterday. Delivery in 7 to 8 days. Amazing! Products were nice and solid. Only some slight rust on the emitter ring of one of the Q5s, but it barely is noticeable. Even got the email asking for feedback on how they did. I tell ya, you just don’t see service like that! Keep it up, Fast Tech!

Sadly, I do not have a positive result to add to the list. I made a large order on Feb 21. On the 27th they sent a note saying it was shipped except for the Coolook batteries, which they shipped 4 days later. Tracking at the Hong Kong Post office said they both left on March 6. Ironically I have received the small pack of batteries on March 11, but tracking at Canada Post shows no record of ever receiving the larger package that apparently Fasttech had sent 4 days before the smaller package. I have no idea at this point where in the process it went wrong, but it’s a disappointing result, and it also seems to indicate you should spread your orders out over a lot of small packages rather than one larger one.

Hong Kong Post office is really really slow these days, I have one order that was shipped on 2/28/2013 but it will leave Hong Kong tomorrow (3/12/2013), I expect to get it next monday ...

Previous order I received in 10 days.

I’ve had a bad experience with fasttech.com as well.
Out of 5 small orders last year, only 2 made it!
Lengthy messages & e-mails, just got me the same reply over & over: basically that I should have opted for registered mail in the first place when placing my orders.
Orders over $15 get registered mail automaticaly (for those who plan to order from fasttech)
Another order this year made it.

Unfulfilled orders were thankfully refunded via paypal.

End of the line: though their prices are competitive, I do NOT recommend fasttech.com to anyone.

Why is it that the button top King Kongs are “Ships next day”, but the flat tops are “Ships in 4 business days”?
Does that mean I’ll get factory fresh flat tops?

Looks like we’re giving Hong Kong too much business, wonder if we can get a discount code from North Korea, bet their post office isn’t as busy……

If I recall from a previous post that means they’re not sure when they’ll be able to get more from the distributor/manufacturer.

I do recall them addressing a similar question, I just don’t remember exact details.
IIRC “Ships next day” means they have a bunch on hand(where as “In stock” means limited supply)
Just seems silly that they would have a large amount of one and none of the other. Especially when I was originally going to order the button tops which were “SND”, but ended up ordering the flat tops without checking the shipping status. Only to find out a day later… :weary:

I have to agree on this point. The regular airmail option is only provided because many customers like it (it’s free for smaller orders). We have explicitly made the registered airmail option “highly recommended” on the checkout page (for non-US customers). The problem with regular airmail are that a) delivery is very slow and b) delivery time greatly fluctuates. Since both of these are postal system issues, there is nothing we can do other than removing this shipping option entirely.

We’re open to suggestions here. Please let us know :). Thanks.

It took us 4 business days to ship your package on Feb 21 because of the post CNY supply issues I mentioned earlier in this thread. We apologize for the wait. Our shipping time has resumed normal now.

Please PM me your order number so I can request Hong Kong Post to track your package down.

Postal services (regular airmail and register airmail) are not time guaranteed and packages are not guaranteed to deliver in the order they are shipped. There are two things FastTech can control and can guarantee though: 1) orders are really shipped when they appear on Hong Kong Post’s tracking, and 2) if orders are confirmed lost by Hong Kong Post, we send out free replacements or refunds immediately. I agree on the point of splitting large orders into smaller ones.

It’s just sad when we work over time to get orders shipped ASAP, and it turns out they get stuck at HK post unnecessarily for days. We introduced Singapore Post a few weeks back and there were two major problems:

1. After they have accepted physical packages their tracking would say “information received - physical items not received” on their online tracking for up to a week. We’ve talked to them and there is nothing they can do about this.
2. They lost 10 of our packages, which we had to find out ourselves (fortunately we monitor all shipped packages) and re-shipped via HK post within 4 days. They assured us this won’t happen again though. But their level of professionalism worries us.

We have since taken Singapore post offline. Given the slow service HK post is providing to customers in some countries. Does anyone want it back?

Jasmine

Up to a week is an understatement. I’ve seen Singpost do this over 3+ weeks on a couple of my packages. It’s just sitting there doing nothing, mentioning physical item may not have been received. The seller was Rey (our WWEFANS), he’s an honest guy, I have no doubt he already posted it and Singpost sat on it. As I mentioned before, sometimes Singpost is fast, other times they’re just so ridiculous, even cheap CN mail is much faster.

I seem to have better luck with Singapore Post. I received all orders sent via Singapore post within a week after being marked shipped by the sellers. With HK post it is really slow. Double the time at least.

Ordered heaps of stuff on the 4th.

Drivers, lenses, lights, pills etc.

Sent from CN on the 7th, arrived today in New Zealand.

I wasn’t at home, so have to go pick it up tomorrow. DOH.

8 Days start to finish is the fastest free shipping I’ve ever had. Only beaten by DHL which costs a fortune

Cant wait till tomorrow!

Chris