How did you come up with your screen name?

"Foy" is my middle name. From birth, my parents used my middle name instead of my first name and I was known as Foy until my 16th birthday. When moving to a new high school, I thought Foy was odd so I started using my less odd first name. Having embraced my oddness decades ago I now prefer Foy hence, the license plate . . . .

I had to laugh at E's 6'5"/280 . . . . Foy is 6"4' 270.

bigboyFoy

I needed a name for my NASA American Iron spec 2005 Mustang GT that I Road Race. The color is Ford “Screaming Yellow”. I use the same name on a dozen or so Mustang forums.

I might be the only forum member who does not need to explain my id.

I thought this thread would be lame but it's awesome getting to know you guys.

Funny how you form a concept in your mind based on a screen name and/or a profile pic. I remember when E joined, I immediately knew what we were dealing with. Guns, drag racing and please shutup.

ducttapeFoy

I now know to be wary of DARCANGEL and E1320 will now be known as Sir with a quiver.

Thanks to Yahoo, I have this nick. No Im not a MRs. I'm a guy hence MR, s is my first name and my first motocrosser was a 1975 CR250. DNF, did not finish. Wish I had that bike now.

As per:

https://budgetlightforum.com/t/-/4129?page=6#comment-173998

Yes, this is a very interesting thread. Some very creative screen names indeed. One can also get a limited sense of a persons personality. All the noobs PLEASE FEEL FREE to chime in on this as no one will think you are lame. Speak up, get involved cause the folks here are very nice & very slow to judge unlike many other forums.

Keith

+1!

@Foy - middle names are usually family related, at least in some circles. Is that the case with yours? It's an unusual one for sure.

@Yellowhorse: That's a nice steed you have there. I'm an old Mustang fan from way back, previously owned a restored '66 GT, '93 LX 5.0 Notchback and one of the first '05 GT's. The newest 'stangs just keep getting better.

@BetweenRides - Thanks. My first Mustang (long time ago) was a ’66 Fastback with a 289. This ’05 was born in Janurary 2005. I should post a newer pic as the transmission (new Level 10) and shifter (new TCI Ratchet) have been changed out and it looks a little bit different in the console area now. It’s the stuff you can’t see that makes the big differences though. You know as well as I do that these things are serious money pits. The modified, welded in 10 point chrome-moly cage alone was $5K. I’d be embarrassed to admit how much money I have in this thing. What price can you put on fun?

Guys I have a torque converter from my 93 Mustang drag car if anyone wants it just pay shipping. It’s an Art Carr 9inch 3000 stall non lockup with a 4130 hardened one piece input shaft I paid about $800 bucks for it. It only has about 20 passes on it I overheated the tranny burned the pump so I switched to a Baumann 10inch lockup converter. It’s been in my shed for about 10 years if anyone want it just pay shipping and it’s yours.

Well, my story is short - I was 11, and I wasn’t very smart at that time… >.<

@E1320 - I appreciate your kind offer and if I had not just spent $3900 on the new Level 10 (5R55S rated at 800rwhp) unit I would be all over this. :slight_smile:

That’s why I got a stick shift when I ordered my 08 GT the slush boxes are big bucks to beef up.

When I met my drinking buddies (about 96, I was 16) one of them couldn’t remember my name graham and would ask where’s thingie, Gordon, then get corrected. They then shortened Gordon to gords. Gords1001 came about when I got a hotmail account, it was the first available iteration of gords. I’ve kept it ever since on whatever forum and only my eBay name is different gords100001.

Funny, i’m 32 now and my teenage nick name is still a big part of my life, the buddies I see much less as I’ve moved out of range and am tied down with the family (not tied down as in swmbo won’t let me out, just would rather spend fifty quid on the family than pissing it up a wall). I guess its just a link to my past.

@E1320 - I gave a manual tranny a lot of thought for the reason you stated but with the transmission fully reprogrammed and the ratchet shifter installed, it works very much like a manual transmission. And, I’m lazy! :slight_smile:

BetweenRides -

Yes, Foy as a middle name goes back four generations on my dad's side.

Foy

My parents gave it to me. How unoriginal!

A better question for me is “how did you get that cool Avatar? :wink:

[quote=Steve Barnhart]
My parents gave it to me. How unoriginal!

A better question for me is “how did you get that cool Avatar? ;)[/quot

Good to have ya Steve Barnhart! Since no one else is using it, it is VERY original +1. Since I am the OP, I assume you mean my avatar? I got it from the ‘fart’ thread lol. Posted by pounder (thanks pounder). I did not have an avatar at the time & fell in love with that dogs expression. That dog actually belongs to someone over at CPF. My grand children had me print a large copy for their wall. I put one up by my very large photo of Curly of nyuk,nyuk,nyuk fame LOL.

Keith

[quote=budynabuick]

Heheh…I think he means a better question to ask him (Steve Barnhart) is how he got his cool avatar. It is pretty cool that that dog really belongs to a CPF member. I love those memes and that dog’s expression is both amusing and a little disturbing at the same time. LOL!

So Steve, just what is it and how did you get it? Hard to tell exactly what it is since it’s so small, as avatar pics are prone to be.

EDIT: On second thought, you might be right about the avatar in question being yours and not his. It is pretty awesome! :bigsmile:

EDIT 2: My favorite versions:

LMAO! Too funny!