How did you come up with your screen name?

Ever since I was a kid I loved to build stuff out of wood. As I got to my teens I worked for my dad’s construction co. during summer breaks building houses, & renovations. But grew up and became an Accountant instead. Been regretting it everyday since. Then found my calling. Woodworking, designing furniture, trying out new finishing techniques, trying out old joinery techniques. I breathed, ate, slept anying WW. I guess you can say I’m BIG on woodworking. It also happens to be my alias on WW forums.

how ironic that i just ate taco bell

ZoomZoom would just be too much of a fanboy . .

Geographical determinism.

The moniker came from where I was when enrolling.

Thanks for the memories Cheap Thrills. I used to love spy vs spy, the lighter side, and the margins. Rufus B. Duck is the name of a refrigerator magnet that has been watching over the beer supply for 4 decades( used to be the milk supply). In college, Rufus was the name of a D&D character. Books and dice are long gone but the duck remains.

Seemed like a good idea at the time. I do like to edc things as well.

Back in the mid-90’s, I was just getting started in the bowling pro-shop business, where drillbits are used, and I also started reading a sci-fi series titled “War World”, featuring a creature called the drillbit. Rather boring, now that I think about it, actually.

HAHA! “Rather boring”

^ LOL. Good find.

On another forum someone once asked ..."What biblical character do you identify with ,or who can you relate to .." ??

Without blinking I said ..."Boaz".....and then thought to myself ...Guess I have to go and take another look at who Boaz really was ..

kinsman redeemer

I sold it to my brother in law in the late 90’s. Sure was a nice bike. Came from the factory with the first gen Rock Shox installed. BTW, I built the Klein up from scratch myself. The only thing I didn’t do was lace the wheels. A buddy of mine who was an expert wheel builder did that for me… :slight_smile: I’ve been through several high end bikes since then. Right now I’m bike-less. I’ve been into the hiking thing for the past few years…

Here’s a crappy picture of a few friends on a night ride. Back in the early to mid 90’s we rode at a night a few times a week on the Green Belt Trail here on Long Island. I’m the third guy from the right with the big ears :slight_smile: The light systems back then were great at the time. Nothing compared to todays LED lighting. The brands were Night Sun and Night Rider…

Shit man, you’re making me blush! A blushing 60 year old ain’t a pretty sight… lol!

FCC was my Navy rank and rating before I retired, wpe are my initials and ’64 was when I was born. pretty basic.

Tecmo Super Bowl

I was really into car audio systems back in the day and still have a very decent one in my van…we would always say “that car pounds” or “that sub really pounds”…I dunno I just came up with it…the sexual reference it gets was quite hilarious to me so I kept it for the humour…lol

Straight out of college early 80’s with a BA in mathematics (liberal arts degree at the time…PC’s having just been invented. For some reason the University of Tennessee did not think programming was a science!) I was in data processing for a company that processed about thirty community banks records every night and it was MANDATORY that your user ID was your last name then first initials. Been using it for 30 years.

"Foy" is my middle name. From birth, my parents used my middle name instead of my first name and I was known as Foy until my 16th birthday. When moving to a new high school, I thought Foy was odd so I started using my less odd first name. Having embraced my oddness decades ago I now prefer Foy hence, the license plate . . . .

I had to laugh at E's 6'5"/280 . . . . Foy is 6"4' 270.

bigboyFoy

I needed a name for my NASA American Iron spec 2005 Mustang GT that I Road Race. The color is Ford “Screaming Yellow”. I use the same name on a dozen or so Mustang forums.

I might be the only forum member who does not need to explain my id.

I thought this thread would be lame but it's awesome getting to know you guys.

Funny how you form a concept in your mind based on a screen name and/or a profile pic. I remember when E joined, I immediately knew what we were dealing with. Guns, drag racing and please shutup.

ducttapeFoy