How do you guys like the Ganzo G704?

I have a Sanrenmu GB763 and and waiting for me Enlan EL01 to arrive. Just wondering how you guys like the G704 (new version, specifically)…I love the way it looks.

Thanks!

IMO, the new/old G704 doesnt come close to the overall quality of any of the common Enlan or SRM’s. Also waaaaay over priced. The build quality and production standards simply arent as good. Their steel/tempering process is of poor quality, wont sharpen as well or hold a blade as long as the other two. Its a cool looking fun knife to play with but thats where it all ends. I think most people that give anything made by Ganzo good reviews probably dont use them for anything more than menial tasks, dont have any experience sharpening them or havent owned a large Enlan or SRM to compare.

Now you can ask me how I relay feel about Ganzo! :smiley: LOL!

Post back once you receive your EL-01.

Ha! Appreciate the advice. I have heard similar things from other people but since I’m so new to this I don’t really know. The prices for the two (el01 and g704) seem literally the same ($15). The quality I can’t speak for, but I did see a testing video from some Russian guy and it seemed to hold up pretty well.

I’ll definitely post when I get it! Thanks again.

Youre welcome. IMO, the Enlan EL-01 is still the best of the larger budget folders and still my EDC of choice.

what FlashPilot said

i dunno, i put a great edge on my g707 and its holding pretty decent. no experience with any other ganzo knife though

I’ve been carrying my sanrenmu m1 gor just under a month now and I love it to bits, a word of caution though, the m1 is NOT a locking blade, its a very very good slip joint, but not a locker, ideal for me due to my geographic location and the silly knife laws.

I also got an enlan bee mo28

http://www.fasttech.com/products/0/10002295/1189305-soshine-26650-37v-4200mah-protected-rechargeable-l

which I really like, but don’t carry so much as its a liner lock, I just wear it for best as I see it as more of a gentleman’s folder than anything else.

That knife that you linked looks terrible. Dull, uncomfortable to carry, very strange styling. Yuck. :)

its actually very nice to both carry and use, just I get nervous carrying lock knives over here, I just prefer timber scales.

edit :- just clicked the link……oh dear……

https://www.fasttech.com/products/1138501

dunno what happened there…… :~

The newer G704 has a thicker blade and larger thumbstud. Better to get an Enlan EL-01 I think, if you want something to compliment the 763.

I don’t have much experience with folding knives. So take my opinion with a grain of salt. I love my G704. Strong, solid, takes a good edge. No looseness at all. The blade flips open and close fast and smooth. I like it’s style too. I don’t have any of the above mentioned knives to compare to though.

+1 on the G704. I love mine, too, but I love my G712 even more!

As cheap as these knives are, you might as well buy several to compare. Of course, Id never do something so ridiculous! :bigsmile:

Well, i have the g704 and el01. Well, i read almost all info on internet about g704 and it’s one of the best knife around. I have seen test with the 704 that are incredible.
You must find con youtube g704 hard test from a russian guy… The steel con ganzos is very good IMO.

I have the “new” G704 and it is amazingly thick, I have no worries about it being able to withstand severe use/abuse. It pays for that thickness in weight, as it doesn’t have drilled liners like the EL-01.

My G704 came out of the box a bit dull, and I’d question if the steel is actually 440C. Since it’s a complete HK/Mike Snoddy rip-off, the ergonomics are excellent. The feeling of the axis lock isn’t quite the same as SRM quality, still locks up well but feels a little loose/sloppy with some diagonal play (it also extends back way too far). It’s not so bad, but feels just a little bit cheaper. The pocket clip is anodized black and reversible too!

While I don’t regret buying it, I wouldn’t buy another one. It’s more of a fun novelty, it sits in a drawer while the EL-01 gets used out and about. I still stand by the opinion that SRM>Enlan>Ganzo.

I’d recommend you get one and try it. As stevetexas put it, “The Ganzo G704 is a very nice clone. 100% of a top design, 90% of the build quality, 10% of the price” (Benchmade copy?)

Nobody are going to say that it’s a bad knife. Perhaps between of the top ten budget knives from china makers. I can’t say if between five best budget knives or not.