How do you pronounce nanjg?

We reallly need to have a BLF meetup so that we can talk about Nanjg driver! :smiley:

I've always said ...NAN jinG

Therefore it must be right

Dry-vuh. Easy, really.

One of those automatic fill in the missing letter things for me, I’ve never even noticed it’s not nanjing.

Nanjing

Non-jerk!

That made me chuckle……

Oh you’re from Essex………it miyd me gig-guw!

I pronounced it like ‘nan-jigga’.
I pronounce it that way so every time I say it, it gives me the opportunity to blend it into a beat box (which I do all the time when alone).

Eg.
Hmm, I feel like modding my light, but I need a new driver. How much is this (nan-jigga) boom pff tss chi ka boom pff and so on and so on etc.

my first thought was and still is “nan-jang”

It is pronounced…nan…of the above. I don’t have any idea actually!

Hilarious! Thanks for sharing everyone! :slight_smile:

-Flashaholic problems.

I wonder how the manufacturers pronounce it.

I think the real question is: Who are you saying this word out loud to? Do you actually know some other flashlight nut in real life?

Lol, Yes, I have met one, the Moose !

The J softens the hard G, so
“Nange” ?

The only flashlight nut that I know is Suncoasters better half. I reckon she would give Chloe a run for her money.

I pronounce it seventy one thirty five board.

Ok seriously I have never had to say the word out loud but I guess the way I read it was nanj ( soft j like in the word just ).

I pronounce it like ninja, but instead of the ni, it's na, and no ah at the end.

don’t we have anyone here who’d be fluent in Mandarin and/or Cantonese? Preferrably a native speaker?

I’m pretty sure that Chloe already resolved the whole issue by letting us know it’s pronounced “nang” like “bang” or “hang”.

It may well be a deliberate mispelling, after the city Nanjing (南京).
http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/commons/8/85/Chinese-Nanjing.ogg