How do you remove UF2100 driver?

Hi, I’ve been trying to open up the driver in my UF2100 for a while now. It’s been futile. The brass retaining ring wins every time.

So I have given up on the attempt, until recently I have dedomed the LED on my 2100. I like the extra throw and the tint so much so that nowadays that it has become my EDC. However, I am still stuck with Low-that’s-too-bright and Gimme-seizure modes.

I managed to pry open the mighty king driver (LOTS of epoxy! Nuts!) with 8 strategically placed nails :bigsmile: but I still cannot open the tiny 2100.

Weird how E did 30-40 UF2100 driver swap so easily, I am truly humbled.

So now I’m open to suggestions. Thanks for your help guys!

If it’s a Uniquefire it’s a real PAI trust me it was no fun. You need to find the 4 tiny nail sized holes in the driver it’s on the outer edge near or under the brass ring that is the weak spot. Find a small flat head screwdriver and press down hard on the four tiny holes to get the screwdriver between the driver and the brass ring push in and down on the driver don’t pry up at all. I usually wear welding gloves and only have one screwdriver out of about 20 flat heads I have that fits good enough to work. It just takes brute force the right screwdriver and you can do it.

Spot on! It was Uniquefire from DD $9.80 sale last time. Probably same batch as your custom build.

Annnd it works! The small nail-like holes were not visible on mine, but I just pick a side and went with it.

No flathead screwdriver of mine was small enough. So again with the small nail and hammer. I just put the nail at an angle, through the spring (using the spring as guide and tension), and hammer away from the side.

Now awaiting 105C transplant. Thanks E. Seriously I should have asked earlier

when I still had the uniquefire uf2100, tried to pry it off too without success, yeah, hats off to e1320.

i got the uf2100 wanting to convert it to 5 modes from this old link https://budgetlightforum.com/t/-/4210 , but I think the 3-mode drivers are now different. Pulsar, before you swap for a 105c, you might want to check that old driver to see if you can do the 5-mode conversion. If it works, i might have to un-gift the 2100 and try it out myself. :)

So I have the Kaidomain 5 mode version of this light. For the life of me I cannot get the ring out. I’ve tried hammering with one of those tiny eyeglass screw drivers. I can finally get under the ring, but nothing budges. I think it may be soldered in.

It’s more likely that the metal seized, they really are tight when put in.

Maybe you should put few drops of lubricants e.g silicone spray and let stand for a few hours. This helped me with some other lights, big difference once the lube soaked - so much easier to pry open.

If you like the form factor, may I also suggest this cheapie XP-E as well, much easier to open and mod:
http://www.ebay.com/itm/141014095871

It’s only a bit under $4 shipped, wonderful light. Uses next mode driver though, but easily modified to reset memory using resistor.