How Far Can I Push These??

So how much power do you guys think I can Safely push these: XPEBGR-L1-0000-00E01 (Green) ; XPEBRD-L1-0000-00801 (Red)? Just would like to get some opinions before building a driver. On copper MCPCB btw.

Match and djozz have tested the earlier models

Green XP-E
Red XP-E

Probably about 1.4A for the green and 1.8A for the red if heatsinked well.

Mind that the output lumens of match are the bare led lumens (measured in his integrating sphere, I don't have one :-( ), and mine are the lumens out of a reflector, so there has been a light loss (10-15%) compared to the bare led output. Other measurements like max. current and voltage should be comparable.

(lumen measurements of single colour leds don't tell as much as they do for white leds anyway)

Dont the greens take more than the reds? I have bought red and green xp-e and the red was rated at 750 ma and the green was 1000 ma.

I mean in my case it was this.

The green xpe has not been tested on copper, or at least it has not been posted. If I do another test on coloured Cree leds (not planned yet), it will be on a red and perhaps also green xpe2 (and the new LuxeonZ lime :love: ).

I’ll run them both at 1.4 A and see what happens I guess.

I hope someone of our chinese frends :smiley: will start selling XPE2 green and red emitters soon.