How i can Measure battery capacity

I’ve been using their heli motors for a while, good stuff. Yeah, hard to beat price and China is the king of Clone. Three years ago choices were at the point where iChargers were the lower price point on the really nice high end charger crowd. I fly 450 class so only do 3 cell lipos, 106b fine for the my meager needs. Your bad boy a way nicer charger.

LOL, I was banned from buying from the Triad, then three companies, because I “returned to much stuff”. I posted the support transcript on a hobby site; month later, a company rep falls all over themselves for me to remove post, welcome back, and here is a discount on next purchase! Post still up.

Experimental idea:

You can make a 6-slot balancing charging bay and wire 6 18650’s in series.
Start a 3A discharge, when the voltage of a cell hits 3.00V, the charger will stop.
Replace the discharged cell with another one, and continue the test.

This of course, will take a lot of writing down numbers and calculations.

I do this now using regenerative discharge to keep the heat down. The iCharger, and clones and the like should keep the numbers until you hit the clear button, but only do 1 to 4 cells at once. I cannot continue test once run is complete or charger will cry foul.

You can also monitor that awfull voltage sag when 3 to 4 amps dumped on my laptop pulls.

The numbers clearly tell me, over and over, buy some high current drain batteries and leave the NOS laptop packs alone for my 4 amp drain single cell lights.

i have no problem to pay 80$ for a charger but as all said in the thread that the BT-C3100 is a better solution for me to test those 70 cells as the hoppy chargers will take too much time to discharge but what i have understand from you is the i Charger is even better than the BT-C3100 ?

and it can discharge 4 cells at one time ? with high current ? sorry for my questions but i am new for this kind of chargers

i am asking this because if the iCharger 106B-plus can discharge a good number of cells at once and at a good discharge rate Am that will be much better for me to benefit from the icharger features

so please clear it for me more

I have both iCharger 106b+ and the BT-C3100. The 3100 can discharge 4 cells at a time and at the same time it will give you 4 individual discharge capacities@1A max discharge rate… The iCharger cannot give you individual readings.

what do you need 70 cells for ?

do you need to check them all immediately ?

what are you going to use the cells in ?

do you need to know their capacity ??

or just if they are worth keeping ?

(IF) you make and use a parallel cradle or series setup. Doing 6 at a time would give you total current from the “pack”. If you need detailed individual discharge/charge for each cell then yes, the BT-C3100 will be better for you.

Hobby Chargers are set up for accurate balanced charging or discharging of many cell packs from 1 to 12 or more “packs” They can also charge and discharge up to rated “C” of the packs or individual cell for flashlight users. This of course will have you learning how to use a hobby charger and the cost of using power supplies and/or car battery for fast regenerative high current discharge. Mine is rated at 7 amp discharge, leaftye found one as cheap good for 20 amp discharge, but again this is one or many cells with a total discharge value.

From your question and if this is going to be a one shot 70(!!) cell run; one or more BT-C3100 chargers will be the better choice. You can do four at a time but still at a slow rate due to cost and current limitations of this charger. As HKJ said the BT-C3100 will be much easier to use. Have your read his review? If this is going to be long term testing with full charge cycles then think hard on the hobby charger.

Also, I missed if you were talking about NOS or used laptop packs? If used then none of this is worth your time, IMHO.