How important is moon-mode to BLFers?

It is a must-have feature for lights to use for camping or a nightstand light - I will compromise on most other features, especially max output, to get moon mode for these uses.

It is nice to have for the rest.

I’d bet the overwhelming majority of us would give up moon mode if we had to choose between that and avoiding visible PWM.

But in general we don’t have to choose, so bring on moon mode!

Depends on the light. On lights I use for hunting, I want 100% mode and thats’s it. On headlamps I really like instant access to sub-lumen modes to see why the hell my dog is barking in the middle of the night when we’re both sleeping in a shelter or tent :slight_smile:

I can forgive my Nitecore Tubes to have visible PWM at low mode. Better this than no low mode when I need it. But yes, there are better choices.

Thanks all for participating. This poll remains open forever of course, but it seems to have been useful already in convincing someone to rethink their UI.

I like moon as much as I like my searing bright turbo. But if it affects me then please remove it.
They’re great for small pocket lights but not on the lumen monsters of any 18650 lights I know of.
Avoid if they’re made for inspection or tactical imo.

What I don’t like is that it’s only useful for my peelight. I prefer to start with medium.

Most lights with moon and no memory always need me to click multiple times to medium… Going through moon when you want a tactical instant on light isn’t practical as tactical nowadays are searing bright and always start on max which is also why I do not like.

Pretty confusing for newbies as they always assume my light ran outta batteries when it is no memory start on moonlight

Medium start with no memory please. Just how I have it on my FW3A. Click to medium… If I need I’ll hold for moonlight or double tap for turbo. If not then stay medium please.

I’m the weirdo that loves it M-L-H

Same here. D4V2 with manual memory at 100 lm.

Easy solution to get it right is in many cases just installing Andúril I presume. But as you’ve mentioned, a typical customer has some expectations and wouldn’t want to deal with a lengthy manual.

Seems to be a common theme. Maybe instead of moon light they should call it Pee light.

If that helps marketing, I’d agree.