How many lights do you order per month?

Hmm, perhaps we are, we’ll just have to wait and see what comes up in the next few years. I was thinking something along the lines of some other tech outside of LED entirely (maybe), and longer term (like a decade+). But yeah, still definitely excited to see what the relatively near future brings as well :slight_smile:

Yes, you always have to deal with the heat. I think that’s where most of the breakthrough has to happen. I’m not talking about putting fans or using better conductive materials and using better heatsinking in flashlights. I’m talking a real breakthrough where some technique is found to avoid absorbing the heat from where the light is emitted and reflected plus where it passes through. (those being the LED or whichever light producing device is being used at the time and where it’s mounted on, the reflector bowl, and the glass lens). I’m thinking something along the lines of a breakthrough where they can find a way to minimize the heat absorption of all the aforementioned places through perhaps some special material that can be used as a coating to coat all those surfaces and reject heat to a great degree (kind of like ceramic) to the point where the flashlight barely gets hot at all even if you had 5k+ lumens coming out of something the size of say a convoy C8. Instead the heat would be carried through the light and well, end up heating up wherever the light lands. I’m sure such a thing is very possible. We just need some great inventor to stumble upon that idea/tech, find that material (or perhaps synthesize it in a lab), and then demonstrate how it can prevent heat retention at an extreme rate and keep a light emitting device practically unaffected by the light source. Who knows, maybe they’ll need to find out a way to do this in order to study something physics related in a lab that’s designed to study that specific physics problem, whatever it may be and then it’ll be copied/adopted by the flashlight industry and we’ll get to have ultra futuristic gadgets we never imagined we would (or perhaps some of us did imagine it, hehe). Just imagine having a flashlight the size of a Nitecore P12, with a solid state battery of some kind in it capable of ridiculously high constant current output and an extremely high capacity. Now you have a turbo mode with 10 thousand lumens and a throw of 2.5km in that thing and it’s sustainable for hours without a stepdown, and you don’t need to charge the battery often because it has like 50k mAh capacity in it. Hey, it’s definitely possible, I just don’t know if it will be in our lifetime necessarily. Hey, a man can dream :smiley:

Sodium-filling. Old tech long used in engine exhaust valves.

Ok… I take back my words. I’m the meantime I ordered a ti/cu fwaa, a D25L and a Bob mcBob zebralight.

I don't know about this "one at a time" business, sometimes ill have 6 flashlights with me to take out the trash. is that crazy?

No, perfectly sane.

Absolutely, most definitely.

Ok phew, good. I was worried. I mean it's my prime time to test them against each other. And cargo shorts have 6 pockets, but one has the pocket knife and I never put a flashlight in the pocket knife pocket. Don't wanna be scratching them needlessly.

Jr and I just took the bins out and it felt a bit weird. He only had the Astrolux K2 on his keyring. I only had two lights with me, E12R in my hand and FWAA Cu in my pocket.

It felt like one of those weird dreams where you walk out of the school toilets and suddenly you’re naked in front of the whole school assemble singing the national anthem in Esperanto

Edit: I’ve updated my spreadsheet. I received the 3xS2+ with 219b this week, there’s an orange C01R and D4v2 in transit plus 2x obulb due tomorrow or Tuesday so my 37 month averge is currently 4.05.

There’s a MUSTOOL MT108T multimeter in transit as well and it has a flashlight. Does that count?

haha I've had those dreams nightmares. They ALL count bud. They all do.