How much do you have invested in you favorite most used light ?

$25 for the Manker BLF A6. It’s my favorite because the Raccoon likes it. :stuck_out_tongue:

But, seriously, if I had know ahead of time it would be so awesome, I’d purchased 20 instead of 2.

Most used? $30-40 for the Olight S20 (L2)

Favorite? $190-230 for Supbeam X60 depending on whether you include batteries

EE A6 head and switch $20, BLF X6 body tube $20, MTN-17DDm + 7135 board $14 ,XPL triple notigon $20, optic $3, spacer cut from $20 Copper rod.

I do have a X6 with a a6 body tube and 11.5” of copper left over though.

2 Favorites, both used daily

My Texas Poker hangs on a Titanium curb chain around my neck, where it’s been in use for almost 3 years now. Cost—-about $800

My Titanium X6 from WeLight is carried on my belt, fitted with 4 Nichia 219C and 11 tritium vials it comes in around $320

Neither of these were options on your list…

My favourite most used light is custom titanium Sinner 18350 Tri-EDC with Nichia 219B. It cost me around US$260 including DHL shipping from UAE.
It’s my EDC light inside my sling bag, my bedside light to check on my baby boy diapers and I’ve dropped the light and it has some scratches due to everyday use.

Upwards of $100 — because I count “most used” time accumulated starting back when dinosaurs roamed.
That would be an Arc LS with tubes to use CR2, RCR123, or 2xAA, and modified with an amber Luxeon and a custom driver
EDIT — the driver is Goldserve’s FLUpic. Many, many options. Mentioned at Found a Tri-Flupic Driver in my drawer, what to do with it?

Maratac copper AAA, my keychain light and most used.

L10 ~$20+

I bought two as well. :)

I think that they're a lot better than my old favorites, the Convoy S series.

I also think that two is enough for me. ;)

TX25C2 with a 22mm FET E-switch driver with Moppydrv modes, upgraded thicker wiring, a bit deeper reflector, XP-L Hi V3 in 1C tint on copper MPCB, polished clip and steel crenelated bezel My EDC! Love it!

Around $20-$30
I love BLF A6 :heart_eyes:

$30-$40

Skilhunt H02 NW from the GB by bugsy36.

I run it almost constantly! it’s always clipped in my pocket. Never had it in the head band.

The most useful features are flood optic, angle head and tail magnet.

-

It’s one tough cookie, been dropped scores of times, run over, left on overnight a few times, once left it on the frame underneath my Nissan and drove 160 miles (stuck on with the tail magnet)

Couldn’t live without it!

Favorite most used light is my Jetbeam III, an older 18650 tube light.
Bought it from a cpf member that had modified it to triple optic w/ XPG and Nanjg driver.
Had it sent for modding(I have no skills) to triple Nichia 119 HCRI but wasn’t fully satisfied with Nanjg driver levels.
Then sent it to DB Custom for more modding who put the 119s direct on copper :bigsmile: and gave it the LD-1 driver with it’s awesome efficiency and levels including moonlight mode!

Total price, I don’t remember (or want to remember)
Well I could say it’s saved me money since because of that light I haven’t bought a light for all 2015 so far.
ps, I voted $60+

+1

$20-30.Manker A6 and 2 EE X6’s get swapped back and forth fairly equally for EDC depending on which service area I work at and whether I am doing clinicals. Although one of the X6’s did get the A6 driver from RMM’s special and an XPL HI so it might be in the next price bracket.

$0 - my Nitecore HC30 was provided as a review unit. It’s probably my most used lately. Favorite is harder to pick.

I usualy swap my EDCs on a regular base… the reason is that i have too many fevourites :slight_smile:

Currently i use BLF A6 ( a real V6 3D modded): the rest is default - price 32$

The last week i had in me a red Convoy S2+ / Osram Oslon 4500k CRI 95 emitter + a custom 4 mode driver
Its price….well, probably like 40$

Modded Aleto N8 (1x18650 zoomie)

These numbers are approximate. Actual numbers may be slightly different.
Aleto N8 host - $10
XPL HI 5000K emitter - $7
FET driver with moppydrive firmware - $15
Fresnel Lens - $30
Duracoat paint - $42 (including shipping)

Approximate total cost of materials and parts in the light is around $100.

Not just for me, but also for the rest of the ignorant masses… Or am I the only one? :slight_smile:

What is “moppydrive”? - Guppydrive, I know, but what am I missing?

I Thank you very much,

-Chuck

Dr Jones created Guppydrv for RMM to sell, moppydrv is another one of Dr Jones’ firmwares that you can get directly from the Doctor.