How much do you have invested in you favorite most used light ?

I usualy swap my EDCs on a regular base… the reason is that i have too many fevourites :slight_smile:

Currently i use BLF A6 ( a real V6 3D modded): the rest is default - price 32$

The last week i had in me a red Convoy S2+ / Osram Oslon 4500k CRI 95 emitter + a custom 4 mode driver
Its price….well, probably like 40$

Modded Aleto N8 (1x18650 zoomie)

These numbers are approximate. Actual numbers may be slightly different.
Aleto N8 host - $10
XPL HI 5000K emitter - $7
FET driver with moppydrive firmware - $15
Fresnel Lens - $30
Duracoat paint - $42 (including shipping)

Approximate total cost of materials and parts in the light is around $100.

Not just for me, but also for the rest of the ignorant masses… Or am I the only one? :slight_smile:

What is “moppydrive”? - Guppydrive, I know, but what am I missing?

I Thank you very much,

-Chuck

Dr Jones created Guppydrv for RMM to sell, moppydrv is another one of Dr Jones’ firmwares that you can get directly from the Doctor.

Right now, I’ve been using my Reylight TLF Little Bonny more than any other. It is my EDC, since it is small enough that I put a cheap aluminum carabiner-style clip on it, and hang it on my belt loop. I got it free in a GAW from Rey a while back. Thanks Rey! It’s a twisty, which I don’t really prefer, but it works for just about anything I need a light for day-to-day.

However, this is gonna sound silly to most of you, but although my favorite light is the BLF A6, I rarely use my BLF A6 on any mode but moonlight! I use it when I’m getting around in the morning, so that I don’t disturb my wife. It’s just too big to carry as an EDC, since the clip can’t be completely trusted to hold it on my belt, and it gets in the way too much if it’s in my pocket. I love the turbo, but I rarely need that much light in the palm of my hand anyway.

My favorite is not my most used but both are stock and under $20. I use my EDC Tank007 E09 more because it’s always there, but Convoy C8 is my favorite light, with the BLF A6 not far behind but up one category notch in price. Were I out at night more often the BLF A6 would take the lead as favorite- it might do that anyway if I mod it for more throw.

Phil

if i convert this from U.S. dollars to aussie dollars it makes me look rich? lol

My most used light is easy. It's a $1 "police" light that I got free from Banggood. They gave away a bunch of them here to anyone who signed up for an account. I put a driver in it that I scrounged from another light and a small reflector as well. I also made it so it will fit a 14650 battery. It's got a nichia 219 on a noctigon. It's a parts light so it really cost me nothing but time. It's very light and fits in the bottom of my shirt pocket. I don't even know it's there until I need it, which is pretty much every day for the last couple of years.

My favorite light, right now is this one.(It will change by next week) It's a 6x XML U3 de-domed on noctigons. 2x26650 with a side switch. 75mm reflector. Perfect ring free beam with tight hotspot hits 150kcd without breaking a sweat and it's also a lumen monster. BLF DD zenor mod, heavy wires and has a Ramping code in it that works perfect. Easy to carry, low is very low and turbo is crazy bright.

Without a doubt my most used light is my Skilhunt H02 Headlamp. Less than $40 from a group buy that bugsy36 put together. Powered by a $1.00 laptop pull thanks to 18sixfifty. I also use a band I got from kaidomain for a couple of bucks. So I have less than $40 in it and use it almost every day.

can anybody tell me

how to uploading the picture?

HowTo: Adding pictures to posts (https://budgetlightforum.com/t/-/15452) ;)

$30 - $40 into what started as a <$9 *fire but when finished I’ll be able to use 3x aa or 9x aaa nimh, 18650, or external power with an upgrade to xm-l2 u2 3c and lucidrv. Building a light that does what I want it to do.

you can also order moppydrv firmware directly from RMM. That’s where I got mine. Think of it as Guppydrv for e-switch flashlights.

if I just want to share my local picture ,no Image URL ,how can I do?

I'm glad you asked, because that's an easy one:

You can't.

Tank007 always in my pocket. Beat up. Scratched up. Dropped, tossed, lost, found and daily user.

The Eagletac D25A clicky is my EDC as I don't like big stuff in my pockets. As much as I hot rod other lights, I EDC a completely stock unit that maxes out at 120 lumens with an eneloop. I lost my first one while trout fishing this summer and bought another without hesitation.

The Tank 007 E18 is my most used light now (was between 15-20 dollar).

The Ultrafire UF-T50 is the second most used, it was about 25 dollar.
I like the side switch, and it is compact for a 18650 flashlight.

[quote=raccoon city]

I'm glad you asked, because that's an easy one:

You can't.

[/quote]

That would either be the CNQ Zoomy Host with Nichia 219C, Ahorton lens and Qlite driver stacked to 12 x 7135,
Or else my key ring Smiling Shark SS-5039 with a pill cut from a copper tube soldered to a direct thermal star, an Efest 10440 and a BLF Tiny 10 driver with 3 x 7135. The firmware is from a two group 105c.