How much do *you* pay at the hairdresser's?

Think it’s £7 or £8, pretty straight forward, two different grades on the clippers. I don’t tip like 90% of Brits, except at Christmas.

I cut my own hair for many years buzzed with a #2 until I met my fiance who just happens to be a hairstylist. Kreisler right, I feel lucky everyday when I wake up and look over at her.

It is 12€ here, I don’t have much, so I always tell teh barber to treat each hair as if it were the last time he will see it.

No guard face and head, once a month wether I need it or not :wink:

I haven’t paid for a haircut in over 2 1/2 decades. After getting tired of always fixing the barbers work every damned time I decided to do my own and never looked back. Perfect cut every time. I finally stopped cuts all together and started shaving clean about 6 years ago or more. I usually shave only once a week as I’m pretty lazy.

Ironically my fiance is a hair dresser and I’d love for her to do my hair but that’s not going to happen any day soon. LOL.

haven’t cut my hair in 11 years :d

Only my hairdresser knows for sure… Anyone old enough to remember that commercial? Anyway, I pay $10 plus tip (see my avatar)

I had forgotten, my brother use a Flowbee, a haircutting contraption he hooks up to his vacuum cleaner. The vacuum pulls the hair straight, and the Flowbee trims it. So there’s no mess - cut hair gets sucked up into the vacuum cleaner, and his hair is the same length everywhere. Pretty amusing and economical.

Hey Garry, have a great time on the bike trip. Remember to put sunscreen on that dome! :smiley:

Sunscreen? I hope I’m wrong, but I’m guessing constant rain based on what’s been going on lately. Take lots of pictures so we can live it vicariously.

Yeah, I’ll post up some pics and let you know how it goes. Leaving Sunday at about 10AM. I actually have Jury Duty Thurs and Friday so I hope I don’t get picked and need to stay next week for serving! Aargh that would suck! This trip just keeps getting postponed and messed up!

-Garry

I am lucky that my lovely wife cuts my hair. That saves me 40USD+ each time. Many friends pay 60+ USD for a haircut. That’s quite expensive.

About 6$ upwards here. If you enter the first hairdresser it’s likely to be $8-$10.

Garry, just tell them you are a proponent of jury nullification and you should have no problem being out of there by midmorning on the first day. :stuck_out_tongue:

What’s that white thing growing out of the right side of your head? :sunglasses:

That's where his ear was ..He cut it off by mistake .

30 years of cutting my own hair ..Everytime I have someone else do it they just made a mess of it so why bother .I've gotten pretty good and have hair that hides any minor mistakes .Every hair stylist says I have great hair anyway so maybe they should be paying me ..:P

9$

None as Ive been shaving my head since 1994 every few years i buy some new head shavers but the last Remington oil less cordless set my wife brought me has been running for 6 years the battery life has decreased but it still has enough juice to do the job and it still can be plugged into mains power some of the smaller attachments are still running on the first 1.5 volt lithium batteries, i also have not brought more then a couple of razors in this time as i use the same head shavers and attachments for my face and now as I’m getting older i now use them for ear hair and eyebrows lolls. A few years back i went in for a head shave and was quoted $15 bucks and was told they will no longer shave faces due to hygiene, so i brought a few beers went home and shaved my own head.

Umm . . . that’s part of the embedded GPS navigation system I had the doctor’s install. No, I don’t know for sure, looks like part of a sign in the background.
EDIT: Yep, just verified - it’s the backside of a sign for the bridge over the creek I am standing on (I had another photo taken from my other side.).

I got out of Jury Duty. In fact I walked in and they told me I had already been dismissed. I never received the dismissal notice! Good thing, I have been scrambling to get things in order before leaving on this bike trip!!! I’m trying to organize and pack now and it’s overwhelming! I keep thinking, “how on earth am I going to carry all this stuff! Leaving tomorrow at 8:30 to meet my buddy at our starting point at 10am.

-Garry

Good luck on your trip, Garry!