How to put 3 XHP-50s in a soup can ?

I have not made any more photo’s while building it unfortunately but I’ll make a few more soon (will place some GITD tape around the LED’s :slight_smile: )
I’ve used 3x XHP-50 in 6v mode on cut down copper sinkpads so they would fit in the srk head.
I’ve used my own design driver (FET + 7135), it has a linear reagulator for the 5v suply of the attiny.
I have just set a turbo timeout for it, have not done anything about the heat. You mostly won’t need that ammount of light for long and since I mostly use it myself I’ll just step it down if it get’s too hot.

Thanks for correcting me!

Nice mod koekiemonster, mjam mjam mjam!

Nice I seem to he a real sucker for multi emitter, multi P cell lights
I just love the feel in my hand, the use of 1,2,3 OR 4 cells

Today a working Uniquefire 1401 came.
I am very impressed
And to be on topic, the first one arrived not working so I had a closer look at the inside
The LEDs are mounted on an intergral part of the heavy housing, no shelf just a 1cm thick part of the housing. It probably is the best build for taking the heat away from the emitters of all my lights.

Adding copper mass aside from any bling factor delays thermal saturation. It’s a buffer that allows more turbo time before stepping down. If you don’t do turbo for long then don’t add it. Since many don’t even do emitter swaps then even minor alterations to a host are off the table. In its stock form the SRK is ill suited to run 3 xhp50’s at anything close to full power. 3 xml’s at 3A each on a non dtp emitter board with just a lip for shell contact isn’t so great. Matching the engine to the cooling system is a matter of choices and trade offs. NASCAR and the NHRA are totally different in their approaches to going fast but neither uses stock equipment and leaves it that way. 3 xhp50’s isn’t stock so I’d suggest you decide where in the hot rod-endurance racer spectrum you want it to work and strive your best to attain that goal.