How to remove my K60's bezel when I don't have tools other than my hands?

My Acebeam K60 was the first model that came out of the gate and therefore its bezel has no thread provision for mounting the Filter that came out later in production, along with the new bezel that has an inside thread to mount the male-threaded filter, as can be seen in the photos below.

I don’t have any modder’s tool to remove the original bezel. I tried by hand and can’t move a hair-width.

Can somebody here teach me how to remove the original bezel without scratching the bezel nor the light’s head?

Thanks in advance guys!

I’ve used a piece of rubber (a shoe sole in my case) pressing the bezel firmly against it and rotating the light
I don’t know if this is going to work for you, but it’s cheap to try

Nice idea worth a try…I’ll try.

Edit: My crocs rubber sandal prevents it from turning, but the the bezel won’t budge.

Or just I didn’t gave my all because a recent hernia surgery, but it was strong enough.

Old mouse pad turned upside down on a hard surface, press the bezel firmly against it and turn.

Rubber dish-washing gloves might also help.

Three for the price of one, but be sure to use a soft surface.

Tried this too, the bezel turns slowly, on the mousepad unfortunately.

crocs are not stiff enough, you need hard rubber, like a tyre

Are you turning it the correct way? :stuck_out_tongue:

Yes, to my left, right?

Mind your back.
Maybe wait till fully recovered!

Hehe- mouse pad on floor, head of light on pad with bezel up, croc on foot, croc-foot on bezel, turn foot!
(Don’t really try this :confounded: )

Sounds like waiting until you have recovered is the way to go.

Tomorrow I’ll try to find some The Rock-bodied neighbor to try it again (though I tried it pre-surgery, but not the croc/pad tip haha)

I am using a piece of hard wood (oak) , profilated on the shape of the bezel crenels , 20-30 cm long , bolted on my wooden bench.

Using enough pressure and twisting the head ,I was able to open even the glued bezel of the FENIX TK 75 !!! Give it a try !...

Perhaps this can be another way after The Rock fails…

blowtorch on, close your eyes and faith

:smiling_imp:
:+1:
:beer:

For crenulated bezels I usually use gloves with rubber coating, or when I want to tighten something up.
For smooth bezels I use insulation foam that is used under laminate flooring boards, works OK, in case
that bezel is glued you will have to use torch/heat as well.

Table tennis rubber’s sponge is great too.

While trying to turn the bezel don’t put a lot of downward pressure on it. Just enough to grip.

More or less recently I've had quite a success removing ThorFire TA13 bezels by submerging the upside down flashlight head in a couple fingers of white spirit. The stuff penetatres so well that in less than a day of spirit bath the o-ring between the bezel and the lens had slipped out by itself into the liquid with my second unit (two units modded). White spirit/gasoline can probably dissolve any sort of binding glue.