Howdy from Canada's National Capital!

Hey all! Long time lurker, new user.

A close friend recently had a couple of us over after dark and he pulls out what looks like a fairly normal handheld flashlight, a Fenix UC35, IIRC.

He says, "(Hold my beer and...)watch this."

*click!*

Hey neat, that's kinda bright.

*click!*

Whoa, bright.

*click!*

The trees are on fire.

(our smirks getting bigger as he cycles through modes, including "tactical strobe" which I learned the hard way makes you dizzy if you look at it directly)

I've owned bright flashlights in the past but they were either expensive to operate (burning through disposable lithium cells) or large, running on lantern batteries.

So, after the grin-inducing demo, I picked up the Nitecore MH20, and a Lumintop Tool, ditching several other lights.

Me being me, I'm throwing myself into learning all I can about this subject.

So, "Hi! I'm CJ. I think I have a (s)light problem."

Welcome to BLF and this crazy addiction!

Just to save you some research. 3 lights you should check out are:

1. BLF X6 & X5 v.2
  2. Astrolux S1 formerly the BLF A6
  3. LuckSun BLF D80-SE

These are lights that our very our community here have requested to be modified to our specs. They represent some of the very best lights for the money; they are high performers and a great value.

Thanks tristanxoxo!

The modes on the Astrolux S1 are amazing, nevermind the swappable 18650/18350 tubes.

Holy cow... just noticed the turbo rating of 1,600lm. (!)

Thanks... looks like I'm down the rabbit hole now. Oh dear.

Hi and welcome CJ. If you find my dog down that rabbit hole can you send it home?

Hey there! Welcome aboard!

Welcome to the forum. Lose your wallet before it’s too late.

I’m sorry to hear that you are having a problem with your “s” light. Which light is it, a Convoy S2, perhaps? Or some other “s” light? I’m sure the crew here can help you, whatever the problem.

On the other hand, I guess I’m just kidding.

I hope you have fun here, CJOttawa!

Welcome to BLF, CJ ! You sound like you will enjoy the hobby even more than your wallet will suffer. :-)

@Steve, dog back home yet?

Thanks folks!

...and yet another light arrived via Canada Post: a Fenix CL25R lantern.

Super impressed with that one. Fenix really did their homework to make a multi-purpose lantern. (18650 powered, USB rechargeable as well)

Yes the dog has come home much to my relief. She does like a good swim.

Welcome CJ.
Now you have to learn about buying an inexpensive flashlight and modifying it until it either blows up, or starts small fires on the moon.

welcome to BLF fellow Canuck! :bigsmile:

Welcome to “The Madness”

2 Things:

1=Hide Your Wallet

2=Listen to Ouchyfoot’s Advice!

He’s summed up in a sentence 50% of what we’re trying to achieve here!

Cheers,

S-L :bigsmile:

P.S. Enjoy your “welcome Mila”

Welcome. Wave goodbye to your money and repeat after me: “Bye bye money.” :slight_smile: