HS-802 flashlight

my first flashlight i buy on 2014 one hs-802 model for trowing

i see this new on banggood .

my question is are there better ?xm-l2 are one led that not very good trowing…better replace the led with XP-R2 R5 ?

greets

You should be able to replace it with an XP-G2 or XP-E2 and see that throw has improved. However, if you keep the stock driver, it probably is trying to deliver around 2.8A to the LED. Therefore, with the XP-G2 or XP-E2, either should be mounted on a copper MCPCB before you replaced the XM-L2.

I haven’t got one myself, but the Convoy L4 looks pretty good from that review.

I think you mean throw (trowing)? Those deep, relatively narrow reflector lights I have didn't get any better throw. The will have a narrow spill area though. Probably a better light in that price range for throw is a HD2010. XP-G2's will usually throw better, but a lot depends on the light: amps, reflector size/type/quality, etc. The spec says 500 meter throw, which is equal to about 62 kcd.

Of course this is probably not a XM-L2 U3, and probably can't throw 500 meters -- they simply make this stuff up, usually.

It does look like a decent flashlight though, with a SS bezel (if that's real), 48mm head, brass pill it appears.

Both the HS801 and HS802 were long considered budget throw-kings when used w/ the still venerable XR-E emitter. Today you might consider the newer XR-E2 or XP-C emitter on a copper sink-pad driven by an AMC7135 x4-6 chip board for max throw.

I have had this thing about 3 years or so. http://dx.com/p/uniquefire-hs-802-cree-r2-wc-2-mode-230-lumen-led-flashlight-1-18650-2-cr123a-16538 It was a very decent thrower in its day, still decent. But they are a lot more better options now. This light with the XR-E produces a very narrow beam almost laser like. Not that many lumens but there pretty tightly concentrated. I tried replacing the led with a xpg and the hot spot became wider but didn’t seem as bright as the XR-E as far as throw. Changed it back to the XR-E and used a 1400ma amc7135 driver. Made a small improvement with the driver change.

good to hear here. different opinions of experts
I have already ordered a HD2010 I expect him with a day or 10
Here a video with the HS-802 uniqfire (as moderator) and the small sun c10 (I buy too)
I see videos about the HS-802 to have a nice straight throw and give a lot smaller than the HD2010
I think a HD2010 and the HS-802 might just give the same effect with xml2 LED?
might be better to make an additional module with a 2.1 Amp nanjg and xp g2 LED or the like (red copper intldoor) for exchange for my HD2010 and a small sun c10 buy.

Incandescent lights had shallow reflectors because the filament emits isotropically. Leds emit forward, so shallow reflectors don’t catch much light (unless the led is turned backward and cooled in some special way). Deep reflectors catch more light so more goes into the throw and less into the spill, but they have shorter focal lengths and therefore larger spots. Good throwers must have big optics. My thrower uses a Fresnel lens to reduce cost and weight. I think we will see more of Fresnel lenses.