hugsby ml8

Unless I am doing something wrong, this site contains only a single mention of the Hugsby ML8? I just ordered two of them. I was so impressed with the XP-1 I assumed (ugg) that the same quality went into all of their products. Can anyone enlighten me on this subject? please………

Very nice flashlight. Not mod friendly.

2 years later… Probably a fair bit under-driven at ~3A since we seem to be trending toward max power lately.

There doesnt seem to be much interest on this site about it at all. If you wouldnt mind could you please elaborate on the mod complications?

Thanx

Bezel and battery tube to head threads are glued very tight. I don’t believe I’ve read that anyone was able to pop it open.

I can echo that, I tried very hard, but didn’t want to mess too much with the bezel, starting leaving marks trying to open it. It is very well built, but could be a little brighter.

hmmm. That is interesting. Thanks alot for responding everyone., I glad i bought two then lol…. I can destroy one to figure it out i guess. Im hung up on putting xhp50/70 in anything large enough to manage the heat. Besides i got plenty of copper. Speaking of heat has anyone applied heat to it? I believe that if it were locktite, applying heat will release it.

I took mine apart (without any damage) a couple of weeks ago … Will probably post some pictures in the ML-8 thread later tonight.
Aluminium pill with brass-ring holding the 22mm driver, threaded reflector…