Hurricane Harvey-Tropical Storm Harvey, prayers needed

No it’s not. I feel terrible for all that are affected.

So far our small subdivision in Katy has been spared all the power outage and flood, fortunately all our services are working, just had a couple of power outages of less than 5 seconds, so far cell phone towers are working (T-Mobile) the problem is not the wind, it’s the friggin rain!!!

Nearby Walmart, HEB, Kroger, Target stores are closed. The only store open is Randall’s but it was packed with people, some of the small meat markets are open. Gas has jumped from 1.99 to 2.39 and there is some price gouging on the gas stations charging milk 4.59 per gallon, store has them at around 2.00 but were out.

There have been at least 120 tornado warnings so far, curfew in some places in the east of Houston has been declared, expecting more rain tonight!

The night it hit, WC showed the eye to be 52miles large. The biggest the weather forecaster or myself had seen about to hit landfall. That size eye hitting around my area, could hit parts of Miami, Fort Lauderdale and West Palm Beach. I've never seen a eye that big hit South Florida.

Rain that has already fallen in the past 48 hours

ADDITIONAL rain expected through Thursday

That’s nuts. You guys got twice as much rain in two days as my place gets in a year. I hope y’all are getting through this.

Happy to throw a prayer in the direction of Texas. We have tornadoes, can’t imagine a hurricane!

Pray for you guys in Texas. Stay safe.

My thoughts and prayers are with y’all.

When I lived in Houston 33 years ago even a heavy thunderstorm brought road flooding that could last a couple hours. The slope of the land toward the gulf is minimal so water drains slowly. Now that land is saturated too so there’s essentially nowhere for the water to go. And it’s far from over :frowning: The timeline will be like Katrina in New Orleans- probably a week before they can get to everyone who needs help- because of the scale of the problem and the lack of ways to get around.

Always at the forefront is the Red Cross. Please consider helping them help Texas with a tax-deductible donation.

Phil

So far it hasn’t been too bad. No high winds which is good, but just lots of rain. I was stuck at work from sat even until Monday morning. With a stomach virus no less. That sucked.

I was able to drive the deserted I-10 then I-45 south. It was errie with so few cars on the freeway. Sometimes I was the only one there.

I was told we lost power at my house sat night, but it was back on by Monday afternoon. No DVR means missed shows. Dang it. Lol.

Local HEB grocery stores had fresh food trucked in on monday, so that was good.

Sims bayou was pretty full monday morning, but not overflowing like I expected. That’s good.

I’m just glad to be back home were I can get some rest.

Good deal Jason, hoping it’s over for y’all and you can start returning to some kind of normalcy.

Good Luck! :slight_smile:

Here’s some pics I took driving home Monday morning.

There was this little obstacle.

Looking down at I-10 was like a ghost town.

This is Sims Bayou at I-45.

Lots of road closures. Once I figured out how to get to 69 south, driving the wrong way down a street (hee hee) to find an unflooded intersection, it was smooth sailing.

It’s still raining, but not real hard, so hopefully the water levels will not rise and instead start to go down.

Have you ever stood 50 ft away from a pole that had a transformer on it and then have it struck by lightning shooting sparks everywhere? I have Sat night. That’ll scare the crap out of you. Boom! LOL

I hear ya, as a lumber delivery driver years ago, with a 20’ steel flat bed on my truck, lightning hit the transformer the next house over in the alley, I could smell the sulphur and all the hair stood up on my body. I got out of there, poste haste!

Apparently both Addicks and Barker flood control dams are going to overflow so it is going to get a lot worse for some neighborhoods close to de dams and along the natural flow of all the water, they have announced that some places are going to be in deep water real soon, fortunately I will more than likely NOT flood and have all services running, stores accessible to me were closed today, but have enough still…

Harvey GTFO!!!

Wife’s aunt’s house is already flooded now so that’s even more bad news for her area…

I can’t believe this thing, back out in the Gulf, ready to attack Louisiana and make it’s damaging way all the way up to Kentucky and maybe beyond. Crazy.

That is terrible news. Guys, hang in there!

The Houston city mayor has declared a curfew for the entire city from 10pm to 5am until further notice, to help curb the looting by the subhuman scum!

In 1900, when Galveston was virtually leveled and 8,000 of the 10,000 that rode it out were killed (population 30,000), Martial Law was declared and looters were shot on sight. Just saying.

What brings out the good with some with there unselfish help for others when terrible events happen sadly brings out the worst in others.