Hydro Graphics Video, Dipping a 2D Maglite - Flames, Camo and Skulls?

Looking good. Any improvement on the “white specs in the knurling” situation?

Fill in the knurling, LOL. Areas where there was enough primer to fill up the knurl look fine, but if the area still has the knurl pattern even with primer over it, the ink doesn’t flow into them. I think the best way might be to prime, sand smooth, prime, sand smooth, etc., to build up and fill the knurl till it’s smooth. At a distance of a couple feet or more, it looks ok, but when you get close…

Heh! I don’t think it’s possible, but here’s what pops into my mind. If the bottom of the knurls could be filled with a dark colored ink and then the rest of the thing wiped clean of it before doing the dip… clearly this would create a visible diamond-grill pattern behind the flame graphics, but that might not be too bothersome and black spots are way, way less annoying than white spots.

Like I said, probably a bad idea because I don’t know that the wiping step is at all doable.

How much to buy this light as a host?

Edit. Thinking about it I dont think it would be a good idea to mod a light after the coating. What would it cost to get a finished light dipped sent to you?

I will PM you. These are 3rd Gen Maglites and there’s something in the works…

I really like the bottom one in the OP (kinda woodish). Not really a flame or skull guy..