I broke down and ordered a Jetbeam

Man Hank is quick. ;-)

At least two moths old :) :) http://www.intl-outdoor.com/products_new.html?page=7&disp_order=6

But I know what you mean :)

The neutral checkbox is so easy to add. ;-)

I do not know about the neutral check box , maybe, but it's 6AM around those parts of the world.

Oh wow. I didn’t realized until now. Took a peek at other products at intl-outdoors and like half of products have various customization options… Why haven’t I noticed this before? :(.

Thanks.

Found the PA40 at bestinone.net for $ 70.03, unfortunately not nw.

Never had any experience with that shop but according to this thread they seem to be quite ok.

Hm.. SWMBO is away on travel over the weekend, and since she's abroad I will have to extrapolate her opinion about this... ;)

PA40w at LightJunction for $70.42 shipped in USA (coupon code "CPFSAVE12")

http://www.lightjunction.com/JETBeam-PA40-Neutral-White-XML-flashlight.html

I've been waiting patiently on the Q50 to come out but the PA40 is starting to entice me...

I canceled my order on this light from GoingGear. I was wondering why they didn't send me a shipping notice and I emailed them twice asking about it. No reply at all. I called them this morning and they said the light is back ordered and wouldn't be in for a few weeks. I'm pissed. They said they sent me an email but I didn't get one. I even checked my deleted file and junk mail and no email. The light should have been here today. Guess I'm done dealing with GoingGear.

And I just ordered one from IOS after you talked me into this!

[Ok, ok. I know, nobody talked me into this. But if my girlfriend should ask, just tell her it was absolutely necessary and a wise thing to do ;) ]

I had a similar experience with GoingGear too. I ordered a Quark AA2 and had no trouble placing the order. 2 Days later they say it's out of stock so I cancelled the order.

Maybe they caught the DX-virus? ;-)

I reordered the Jetbeam PA40 from Lightjunction. It should be here tomorrow. Can't wait to get this light as it has been a light that I have wanted for some time. I talked my brother who isn't a flashaholic into buying a few lights. The first one he ordered is a Fenix TK41. He ordered a Jetbeam PA40 at the same time but it was back ordered. When he finally got the PA40, he called me and told me that if he had the PA40 first, he might not have bought the TK41. He doesn't care about throw and he loves the PA40.

The PA40 looks very nice. Nicely spaced modes too :)

My PA40 arrived today. Gota love it here when my light is shipped from within the USA. Nice not to have to wait for weeks for a light to arrive from China.

The light is a little larger in my hand than I thought it would be but still not bad. Overall length is about 2 inches longer than my Shiningbeam Caveman. Fiber body is nice to hold. Doesn't feel cold like the metal ones. Feels real good in the hand. UI is a little weird. You have to click the light on and to change modes, you have to click it all the way off and back on in less than one second to go to the next mode. NO BLINKYS!. I will have to wait until after dark to test it out. It has four well spaced modes. Low is really low. More of a flood light than a throw light. Ran one set of Powerex 2700mAh batteries through it on high mode. It is listed at 2.5 hours with one set of 2500 batteries. The battery indicator started blinking rapidly at 2 hours 15 minutes. Suits me just fine. Think I will love this light.

Can someone post some comparison shots with some well known 2AA lights in profile?

I really like this PA40. I didn't test it very much tonight because it's colder than the breast of a witch outside and the wind is blowing about 20mph. Still it gives off a lot of light. More of a flood but still enough throw to keep things interesting out to a little more than 100 yards. I really like that it uses AA batteries.

Chidwack, how does the beam compare to the S-mini?

Sorry it took me so long to answer this. I have been out of town and away from my computer for a few days.

The beam doesn't really compare to the S-mini. The PA40 is brighter with a brighter and smaller hot spot and throws somewhat better than the S-mini. (I'm comparing it to the XP-G S-mini.) The second highest mode on the PA40 is about equal to the throw on the high mode of the S-mini.

The PA40 hot spot is much more defined than the S-mini yet it still has more spill. Of all my lights, the one that probably most closely matches the output, throw, and beam of the PA40 is the my Shiningbeam Blaze. The Blaze has more spill but the PA40 throws slightly better.

I am totally impressed with the PA40 and will be buying more to give away as gifts. It's that good.

Really Like the PA40 , if you like AA , youl love the PA40 ...

https://budgetlightforum.com/t/-/4941

I agree, it's a lovely light. I got a PA40 from Amazon UK for £55 shipped a few weeks ago, and love the feel of it. Too newbie to suss out the tint, but an email to Jetbeam confirmed (very quickly - I was impressed) that I actually had a PA40W. It has a smooth reflector too.