I come to take away all your XML2 U3 emitter lights...how do you react?

true,

small 3535 LEDs need to be closer to the bottom of the XM-L2 reflector, or

519a work just as well as XM-L2, in XM-L2 reflectors. Total Game Changer.

If you don’t actually need the 5050 footprint, the LH351D is very floody and pretty decent. The Nichia 519A is less floody and very decent. A few optics may not play well with these, but most are fine.

i dunno what any of my lights have!!

so i prob would not care

ps no i do not do mods, even though i am usually nerdy and have 2 EE degrees

i get annoyed enough just trying to fix broken stuff
not going to risk breaking them myself

plus i find flashlights particularly annoying to diagnose
because you can;t test anything while the light is actually assembled

usually when i try something, it doesn;t work and i have no idea why
too much guesswork

wle

You can’t have mine - I’m still a big fan of XM-Ls! From my floody Convoy S2+, to my old Olight S65 Baton, to my ancient Fenix TK-70 thrower… I’m very happy they exist.

To even imply that you’re coming to take something flashlight related from me means war.
Come on over and we can swap …. XML’s for blood .

Blasphemy…

otoh… I do have a sk-68 with a swollen alkaleak in it you can have cheap.

For currents up to 2amp and no need for tint/cri change, there is no absolutely need to change them, the efficiency is just right.
Regarding the new xm-l2, as i have some and replaced some old xm-l2, there is a good bump in performance, easily seen at higher 4+ amp currents.

As i replaced lots of xm-l2 U2 U3 emitters, i used them for old multi xm-l led flashlighs for their performance upgrade. So, an old trustfire with 7x xm-l , i did a mod with 7x xm-l2 u2 u3, copper pcb boards and a small amp boost, i got a total good boost in performance. From ~3000 OTF lumens, i went to ~5000 lumens, with almost steady output, from 4x 26650 batteries.

MOLON LABE

oh

my latin has lapsed

Molon labe - Wikipedia

https://en.wikipedia.org › wiki › Molon_labe

Molon labe meaning ‘come and take [them]’, is a classical expression of defiance.

It is among the Laconic phrases reported by Plutarch, attributed to King …

sounds like Greek to me :student:

Trade me baby

…from my cold dead hands!

:wink: