I finally visited a COSTCO...

I’m not sure. Does it really matter? I bought these as a late Christmas gift for a freind coming here from out of town.

I skip the store and head to the food court. Pizza and Italian sausage w/peppers & onions.

It doesn’t. I was just curious. The design looked new to me, compared to the 4th gen ones I bought earlier this year.

I know yer joking, but I meant hot dog, although I prefer the polish dog. So it was easier to say dog, but it’s 100% beef, unless a dog wanders into the processing area and is mistaken for a cow. I hear on the East coast they serve Italian sausages instead of polish. It’s hard to beat a polish dog with kraut, plus a soda for $1.50.

Just a little additional comment, So many people go crazy for the pizza, but I find it bland. But $10 for a large pizza is a good deal, if you like it.

Anyone place that quote?

I usually get a slice of the everything pizza there. I find it quite good.

Hmm, then technically, that wouldn’t be (sauer)kraut, but kapusta. :smiley:

” …and it kind of sucked, LMAO

i mean, you guys ALWAYS talk about costco. Ive wanted to visit one since i joined here!

my buddy and his mom took me to eat up past the airport which is past the city… an hour one way trip for the crab shack… and i saw a COSTCO in t he diastance! ”

It wasn’t me that gave you that impression. I can’t stand multi-AAA lights and zoom focus optics regardless of price. I stated that in the costco duracell flashlight thread without making a big deal over it… so it got buried in the discussion.

Costco probably gets close to 80% of our disposable income. We’ve had the executive membership for more than 20 years and our rebate each year has NEVER been less than the cost of membership. This year we will get back close to 4 times the membership cost, so Costco pays us to shop there.

The $1.50 more than 1/4 lb. hot dog or Polish sausage and 20 oz. soda makes me feel like an idiot when I buy lunch elsewhere. The $8.99 three and a quarter lb. take and bake pizzas are 4 meals for my wife and I.

Additionally, I don’t feel I need to research a product before buying at Costco, because their buyers actually care about the products they bring into the store, not just the price.

We buy all our tires there, for a better price than anywhere else I’ve looked. We live where snow is prevalent for several months and Costco’s tire shop does seasonal changeouts from summer to winter and back for just $20, including TPMS reset. (tires are on rims already).

There are so many more points to be made, but maybe the most important is: they pay employees close to double what is normal at Walmart, Target, Shopco, Sam’s Club etc, and have excellent benefits, leading to miniscule turnover. This allows management to require employees to actually be good at their jobs. If I’m at Walmart (still a necessary occaisional evil), and there are 5 or 6 shoppers in line ahead of me, I know I’m in for a half hour wait. Same line at Costco, less than 10 minutes.

Costco is what all retail stores should aspire to. Sadly, none seem to…

Edited to add: never have bought a flashlight there.

Not a member, but have used their pharmacy when I did not have insurance.
Took a look at their Vision Center, and was disappointed in their very small selection of eyeglass frames.

Does Costco accept all credit cards now?

I got a membership a couple of years ago thinking I would be shopping there more often, but hardly ever go. Probably only once or twice a month. I don’t think I’ll renew when it expires.

My brother has a membership and he goes there weekly (family of 7), so I’m thinking about just tagging along with him or just give him a list of stuff I want from there. I’m lucky here as there’s a couple of websites where people post pictures of their Costco visits…

It’s like browsing my local Costco from my chair (except I would miss out on some of the Clearance stuff pertaining to my specific location —- that’s usually where you can pickup the real deals).

Also, I love the hot dogs there… I get one everytime I visit.

The Kirkland brand paper products are a pretty good deal, I used to get the diapers and wipes before the kids were potty trained.
I like the Kirkland coffee, frozen pizzas, applesauce, juice boxes , etc… I even like the Kirkland clothing ! I guess I am a fan.
The extra year warranty is nice on the electronics.
I have a friend that gives me money to buy gift cards for him because he is single and likes to get a few things there but not enough to purchase a membership.

I need to replace my failing 61” 2007 Samsung LED backlit DLP. It has been experiencing several dead, and one hot really enoying pixel lately. I will be replacing it with one of Costco’s Samsung 60+” models since they do come with a 2 year warranty. I will also take advantage of their inexpensive extended 3 year warranty for a total of 5 years.

I am getting a 50” in the next few weeks. Might go to a 55” we will see what the wife thinks. They usually have good deals Super Bowl week. I will wait until then.

The heck even is Costco? Is it some kind of north american hypermarket chain?

North American, European, Asian, Australian…

But not South (or Latin) American, apparently…

Mexico too. Would be difficult to expand retail operations into most of South America at this time, I suspect.

But cheap though. If you don’t mind a very generic look, you can get out with prescription glasses for less wallet damage than usual.

No; they dumped Amex this year (which crushed Amex I’ll have you know…. the 6th floor of Amex HQ in florida looked like a ghost town shortly after when the CEO Ken Chenault announced a plan to save a billion dollars by year’s end) so they are now accepting:

We have 3 Costco’s close to where I live on Long Island. Melville, Commack, and Westbury. They all have slightly different items for sale. I usually jog between Melville and Commack depending on what I need.